“Small town alternative: Nice folks, tasty and healthy food, comfy place”
Review of White Coyote Cafe - CLOSED

White Coyote Cafe
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: JUST GOOD FOOD AND GREAT ART Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 8AM TO 2PM ALL YEAR Sorry, at this time we do not accept Credit Cards. Cash or Checks accepted
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I'm not sure if I think more highly of the friendly staff of the White Coyote or the wide range of healthy menu choices. If you're in T or C for the baths as my wife and I were, the WK will take equally good care of your insides. We stopped by for breakfast on Sunday, and the place was full of loyal locals -- there's a big table in the middle of the front room where residents get together, copies of the two local papers and other reading material. Food offerings extended to daily specials including quiche, and on that day a French Toast dish that my wife ordered, though admittedly she found it only OK. I had eggs and potatoes, though I was happiest that among the dozen fresh baked goods was something gluten free (though I would love to have had one of those lovely scones, sigh). If you are on a restricted diet the Coyote seems liek a good place for you.
In our case the service went far beyond folks being friendly and helpful. I forgot a knitting project on a side table when we left, and didn't discover it until we were in Socorro over 60 miles away. Well, they cheerfully mailed it right out to me and I had it back by Wednesday. I'll be back, that's for sure.

1  Thank Snaildrake
There are newer reviews for White Coyote Cafe

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Really lovely small restaurant with delicious, nutritious home made food; organic free range eggs. I would only add granola and yogurt to the menu and it would be perfect.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We walked in just as they were opening up -- they hadn't even had time to put out their signs but the two young people working were really friendly and didn't seem at all hassled that we (and another party) were coming in as they were trying to get set up. Great service all around, in fact. Excellent coffee. I had the biscuits and gravy with a ham steak (!) which was everything you'd want in such a meal. Delicious. Their scones were so good that my partner and I went back the next morning to get more for the road home.

1  Thank Bluegrass011
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We happened to walk in on a morning with live music! I had the artichoke frittata, which was scrumptious, and my husband loved the mozzarella sandwich. We finished with one of their scones, and what a treat that was! Simple, perfectly prepared brunch food. They have an excellent array of tea selections too, important for us non coffee drinkers. The dining room is beautiful, the service was gracious. Loved it!

1  Thank Melba A
Reviewed February 9, 2014

While visiting T or C last week with friends we wanted to check out the White Coyote Cafe and I was delighted with every aspect of this cafe. Loved the decor, so "New Mexico" and super clean. The owner and staff were beyond friendly. Much to my delight they had several gluten free baked goods available. I had the scone and it was delicious. I have not yet found a good gluten free scone in Albuquerque. We weren't even hungry when we went in, but I wanted to support the nice woman who owned this place selling organic decaf earl grey tea (another hard to find beverage) and gluten free goodies. To top it off, she displays artwork of local artists in her cafe, along with her own work. As an artist, I really appreciated that! I will definitely be revisiting the White Coyote Cafe!