“Relaxing”

Riverbend Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the historic town of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico and near Spaceport America, Riverbend is an affordable, smoke free, hot springs spa and resort, where guests can relax in a beautiful, laid back environment. It is one of the best hot springs in the southwest for its clean, comfortable pools and its unmatched views of the Rio Grande River and Turtleback Mountain.Guests choose from various public and private pools ranging in temperature from 101 to 108 degrees. They can soak in the mineral-rich, therapeutic waters by the hour, day, or stay the night and soak for free. From newly renovated and smoke free suites, family rooms or cottages, Riverbend has accommodations for most tastes and budgets and is dog friendly.Riverbend is walking distance to eclectic downtown T or C and its historic attractions, shopping, restaurants and art galleries. Outdoor recreation is found at the nearby Gila National Forest and Elephant Butte and Caballo Lakes. Riverbend is located on I-25 between Las Cruces and Albuquerque and is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. every day of the year.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to visit a private hot spring with my mother this past weekend and overall the visit was very relaxing- we weren't interested in using the public pools because we wanted a more private experience. We reserved the Tierra spring for two hours and got there a bit late so were only allowed approximately 80 minutes in the private pool. For a grand total of $60, which was a little steep in my opinion, considering we booked two hours in advance and weren't interested in soaking in the public pools. The employees didn't seem very familiar with the hospitality industry, I wasn't expecting much customer service, but wasn't pleased with the quality of employee/tourist interaction. The private pool itself was wonderful, there was two chairs, a beautiful view, and misters to keep the atmosphere cool while soaking. Two hours of the private soak in Tierra was exactly what I needed to be rejuvenated for the week.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"turtleback mountain"
"get away"

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very affordable and relaxing. Friendly staff, beautiful views and an Awesome experience. Would reccomed River Bend to any one who needs a little get away here in town. We will be returning.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The check-in, soak, atmosphere, and view were good. I guess my husband and I lingered too long after our soak, and were told to leave the premises. The last words from the employee were that were could pay per person or go now. If I would have been informed of their policy, I would have paid the fee when we checked in.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The people at Riverbend Hot Springs pay attention to the details that make the experience that much better. They are literally right on the river. The separate soaking tubs all have a view. They had just let water out from the Elephant Butte Dam, so the river was running high. I was a hotel guest for a couple nights, as well. The artist's rooms are affordable, mostly quiet and perfectly functional for a person's needs. The grounds have a little surprise everywhere you look - a stone waterfall into the river, a nice deck right on the river, wall paintings, unexpected trees and blooms. As an overnight guest, a 50 minute soak in the private pool with a small water fall was just $10. They even had a device that provided a nice cooling mist. The list of beneficial minerals in the water is quite long and my skin and muscles loved it.

Truth or Consequences town got it's name from a game show in 1950, whose host was heavily involved in the March of Dimes. The town won the national challenge for a town willing to change its name to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the show mostly because of its healing hot mineral springs.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've been going to Truth or Consequences for 15 years now and just found this hidden gem this year. The private baths are more expensive than other bath houses in the area but you can not beat the value...great location, quiet, no screaming kids, right on the Rio Grande..the view and overall feel of Riverbend are amazing. My family and I went back twice this week! This property is gorgeous, my stepdaughter rented a courtyard room and it was clean and very nice. You really feel like you are treating yourself here :) Go and enjoy it!

2  Thank elainmir2016