“Alert and well-trained staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa
Reviewed July 18, 2013

La Paloma is a haven for those who wish to rest and recharge themselves. In addition, night staff probably saved our cousin's life when he was extremely dehydrated. We send them many thanks.

T or C has some small art galleries, and enjoyable restaurants such as the White Coyote Cafe, BellaLuca, and Los Arcos. For birders there is the Festival of the Cranes in Socorro.

Room Tip: There are small rooms for single couples, and a two-bedroom suite with a kitchen for families.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth W

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We've been coming here for years and each time the place gets better and better. Friendly staff welcomed us after a long day of driving. Dan was a great host and showed us around and gave us all the history which makes for a very personal experience. It was quiet and relaxing and close to everything, so we didn't need to drive once we parked the car. Our room was fully supplied, CLEAN, and very cozy. We'll be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
meleasa, Owner at La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. This a work in process and it is so good to receive the affirmation that things are moving in a beneficial direction. Our vision for this property includes the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests.

We are grateful to be stewards of the "waters" and it is our joy. Thank you for choosing La Paloma Hot Springs and Spa.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

this hotel/spa advertises itself as family friendly. It is not. The staff was extremely rude to us even though my child is very well-behaved, potty trained, quiet and I didn't have him in the tub with me. I will never go to La Paloma again. The clerk glared at me every time I got near her. She told us we were banned from using the tubs because we had our children in the water - we did not have children under six in the water. It was my birthday and the trip was ruined by the rude treatment of Cindy, the clerk at the hotel and spa.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary H
meleasa, Owner at La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

We at La Paloma are very concerned with the comfort and safety of all our guests. Dogs must be leashed and may not enter the bathhouse, guests under the influence are not allowed to soak, and children 6 and under may not soak. We are licensed by the State of New Mexico and are adamant about following their regulations. Young children are susceptible to dehydration when exposed to high temperatures. The tub rooms themselves get very hot when in use and we become concerned when parents take their children into the rooms. We recently had young children staying who were not watched by their parents carefully and our attendants had to retrieve them from climbing the waterfalls and trying to enter the bathhouse alone. Young children were also seen entering a tub room with a parent dry and leaving the room wet. We are sorry if our adherence to these regulations seems offensive as we try relate the rules gently. When we are ignored, we firmly request that our guests follow the regulations and some people become defensive. We apologize to everyone who may have been disturbed by these incidents, but hold firmly to enforcing rules designed for the safety of our guests.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Helpful staff. Relaxed atmosphere. Cozy room with comfy bed. Not a large room, but very nice. Plus = if you love hot hot springs, this is for you..... if you love peace and quiet... this is for you. When I was there last week only 3 of 5 spring baths were working.... 2 cooler ones were not. The springs are artesian.... whi h means the hot water bubbles up from under the ground, and the water levels are low at the moment, so only 3 baths were working. I love hot springs, so enjoyed soaking in 107 and 109 Fahrenheit. I hope the cooler springs will start bubbling again as esps iallh during summer months a cooler soak is nice interspersed with hotter ones. I love the 24 hour access and soothing music and a whisper pollicy. Only minus for me is that the walls between the rooms are thin and you can sometimes hear people or the TV.... and I mysslef did try and krrp my TV levels low so not to disturb neighbours. Do go and enjoy.... but don't tell tooooo many people as rooms already now sell out and I would not like it to get so popular that I ,myself can't get a room!

Room Tip: Every room is different
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed there for a night at the end of April. The bath and waters are amazing and the grounds seem well kept and clean. The room I stayed in, however, was very funky, crooked and worn. I can't say that it was dirty, or poorly kept, just very old, funky, and worn. The toilet area was so small that i could barely use it, and I am not a very large person. If you expect a quiet retreat with excellent hot springs, and a nice outside area, go for it. The rooms, however, leave lots to be desired in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Uwe S
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Over the course of several years, I continue to frequent La Paloma Hot Springs and during each visit, I leave with the most wonderful physical and spiritual relaxation. I take advantage of time to reflect and enjoy the quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The bath house is the most tranquil experience! The recommended reflexologist is amazing! La Paloma is walking distance from all Fiesta weekend festivities. (Look for the annual T or C Fiesta during the first weekend in May) I would like to send a huge "thank you" to the very friendly staff (especially Cindy). I look forward to my next mini-vacation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank M Garcia M
Reviewed May 1, 2013

There is something about La Paloma that makes me want to keep it to myself.

I came here alone for some healing time, and that's what I got. If you're looking for bed turn-down and room service, this isn't the place. This is the place where you can rest, reconnect, and rejuvenate your spirit.

Not all rooms have private showers. That was fine for me, but if it matters to you, there are rooms that are fully equipped. Every room has a kitchenette.

Employees are ready to help in a heartbeat, but leave you alone until you ask. The office is staffed 24/7, so if something unexpected happens at 2 AM, they'll deal with it.

The tubs are wonderful. The naturally-flowing mineral springs will take you away like Calgon could only dream of.

Truth or Consequences is a funny, funky town that you're likely to love.

The price can't be beat, and neither can the experience. But, really, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TheGoodLuckDuck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#6 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Sp...
#9 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa? Share your experiences!