La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa
$72
Motel 6 Truth or Consequences(Truth or Consequences)
$43
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa(Truth or Consequences)
$155
$85
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Truth or Consequences(Truth or Consequences)(Great Value!)
$48
TripAdvisor
Rocket Inn(Truth or Consequences)
TripAdvisor
Desert View Inn(Truth or Consequences)
TripAdvisor
Ace Lodge(Truth or Consequences)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbath househot springshour accesstoaster ovenopen hoursnew agein townmotor courtfull kitchensoaking roomshealing watersvarying temperatureswi fielephant butteceiling fanhot mineral bathsfire pit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Over the course of several years, I continue to frequent La Paloma Hot Springs and during each visit, I leave with the most wonderful physical and spiritual relaxation. I take advantage of time to reflect and enjoy the quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The bath house is the most tranquil experience! The recommended reflexologist is amazing! La Paloma is walking distance from all Fiesta weekend festivities. (Look for the annual T or C Fiesta during the first weekend in May) I would like to send a huge "thank you" to the very friendly staff (especially Cindy). I look forward to my next mini-vacation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank M Garcia M
Reviewed May 1, 2013

There is something about La Paloma that makes me want to keep it to myself.

I came here alone for some healing time, and that's what I got. If you're looking for bed turn-down and room service, this isn't the place. This is the place where you can rest, reconnect, and rejuvenate your spirit.

Not all rooms have private showers. That was fine for me, but if it matters to you, there are rooms that are fully equipped. Every room has a kitchenette.

Employees are ready to help in a heartbeat, but leave you alone until you ask. The office is staffed 24/7, so if something unexpected happens at 2 AM, they'll deal with it.

The tubs are wonderful. The naturally-flowing mineral springs will take you away like Calgon could only dream of.

Truth or Consequences is a funny, funky town that you're likely to love.

The price can't be beat, and neither can the experience. But, really, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TheGoodLuckDuck
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here for many years. Absolutely wonderful. My husband comes for the hot spring soaks in the old private tubs. The atmosphere is tranquil, at night you sit outside after a soak and look at the stars, then fall into bed. This place has evolved over the years. The first time my husband brought me here I thought "are you kidding me, I'm not staying here" after one soak I was hooked. Put a massage on top of a soak, and you think you died and went to heaven. Seriously, if you are in the area you have got to check this place out! I would stay here over a Five Star Park Ave. hotel. Tonight I'm getting an hour foot Reflexology massage, then off to soak again. Did I say if you stay here it's 24/7 free soaking. Oh, by the way, in the private tub rooms, you can swing from a rope over the water. what " Five Star " hotel gives you that.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little small, and some don't have showers in them. They have private room showers outside, which lends to the quirkeness of this place.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank P M
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This property is older, but well-maintained and comfortable, with outstanding employees. It is walking distance to town, and offers free soaks in extremely clean on-site mineral baths--terry robes and large towels provided. Our primary complaint was the size of the water closet--I would compare it to a phone booth. Tall or large people will have a hard time fitting into the tiny space. Along the same lines, the only sink in the room serves both the bathroom and the kitchen area. I asked if all the rooms have water closets this small, and the answer was "most of them." The exception is the two-bedroom cottage, where we will stay next time, and yes, there will be a next time. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we want to return to enjoy the baths and the outdoor areas.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the water closet if privacy is important. Room #9 is on the corner with windows that open, but is the farthest from the bath area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
meleasa, Owner at La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will be returning despite the small water closet. Most of our rooms were originally cabins that were built for workers building the dam at Elephant Butte Lake and moved to the present site. I would guess that they did not have indoor plumbing at that time and they left very little room for facilities. Our cottage and our upstairs deluxe room, Vista Bonita, have average size bathrooms. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My son, daughter-in-law, and I rented the "cottage" on Saturday, March 23, 2013. I have stayed in this apartment one other time around 3 years ago. I love the character of this place, with the cabins being from the early 1900's, it provides a unique, old fashioned experience that is hard to come by with today's standards.The cabins come from the workers who built the dam. As a child, my father worked for the Bureau of Reclamation, and we lived in the hospital (Hospital Canyon) that also served the workers building the dam. My grandparents were good friends with the previous owners and when they would come to town to visit us, they would stay here (called the Marshall Apt.'s at that time). The renovations are charming and the energy surrounding is so peaceful and relaxing. If you get the opportunity, come and enjoy the free flowing mineral baths available here.....you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family