“I almost don't want to tell you how good this place is.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa
Reviewed May 1, 2013

There is something about La Paloma that makes me want to keep it to myself.

I came here alone for some healing time, and that's what I got. If you're looking for bed turn-down and room service, this isn't the place. This is the place where you can rest, reconnect, and rejuvenate your spirit.

Not all rooms have private showers. That was fine for me, but if it matters to you, there are rooms that are fully equipped. Every room has a kitchenette.

Employees are ready to help in a heartbeat, but leave you alone until you ask. The office is staffed 24/7, so if something unexpected happens at 2 AM, they'll deal with it.

The tubs are wonderful. The naturally-flowing mineral springs will take you away like Calgon could only dream of.

Truth or Consequences is a funny, funky town that you're likely to love.

The price can't be beat, and neither can the experience. But, really, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TheGoodLuckDuck

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here for many years. Absolutely wonderful. My husband comes for the hot spring soaks in the old private tubs. The atmosphere is tranquil, at night you sit outside after a soak and look at the stars, then fall into bed. This place has evolved over the years. The first time my husband brought me here I thought "are you kidding me, I'm not staying here" after one soak I was hooked. Put a massage on top of a soak, and you think you died and went to heaven. Seriously, if you are in the area you have got to check this place out! I would stay here over a Five Star Park Ave. hotel. Tonight I'm getting an hour foot Reflexology massage, then off to soak again. Did I say if you stay here it's 24/7 free soaking. Oh, by the way, in the private tub rooms, you can swing from a rope over the water. what " Five Star " hotel gives you that.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little small, and some don't have showers in them. They have private room showe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank P M
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This property is older, but well-maintained and comfortable, with outstanding employees. It is walking distance to town, and offers free soaks in extremely clean on-site mineral baths--terry robes and large towels provided. Our primary complaint was the size of the water closet--I would compare it to a phone booth. Tall or large people will have a hard time fitting into the tiny space. Along the same lines, the only sink in the room serves both the bathroom and the kitchen area. I asked if all the rooms have water closets this small, and the answer was "most of them." The exception is the two-bedroom cottage, where we will stay next time, and yes, there will be a next time. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we want to return to enjoy the baths and the outdoor areas.

Room Tip: Ask about the size of the water closet if privacy is important. Room #9 is on the corner with windo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
meleasa, Owner at La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will be returning despite the small water closet. Most of our rooms were originally cabins that were built for workers building the dam at Elephant Butte Lake and moved to the present site. I would guess that they did not have indoor plumbing at that time and they left very little room for facilities. Our cottage and our upstairs deluxe room, Vista Bonita, have average size bathrooms. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My son, daughter-in-law, and I rented the "cottage" on Saturday, March 23, 2013. I have stayed in this apartment one other time around 3 years ago. I love the character of this place, with the cabins being from the early 1900's, it provides a unique, old fashioned experience that is hard to come by with today's standards.The cabins come from the workers who built the dam. As a child, my father worked for the Bureau of Reclamation, and we lived in the hospital (Hospital Canyon) that also served the workers building the dam. My grandparents were good friends with the previous owners and when they would come to town to visit us, they would stay here (called the Marshall Apt.'s at that time). The renovations are charming and the energy surrounding is so peaceful and relaxing. If you get the opportunity, come and enjoy the free flowing mineral baths available here.....you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank overseasCathy
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I planned on a one-night stay and stayed for two more nights. The room was perfect and spotlessly clean. The baths and the massage were wonderful! I traveled during a cold spell in January 2013, so the room heater was a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Pajvermont
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Many improvements this time!! Looking good. Always a delight to stay at La Paloma. Will stay here again. Baths have varying temperatures so one can select the bath that fits the needs. Also foot baths! Very nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Linsulupe
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I do not have a favorite hot spring in the truth or consequences historic bathhouse district. They are all uniquely cool and funky and fabulous. No cookie cutter Hilton, these digs are very singular places. The hot springs are, of course, why we come. But there are lots of reasons to stick around. I love the courtyard and the 24 hour bathhouses. I adore the stream that you can see out the tiny little hole that the water flows out of in the small pools. And I love Lucille, who works there, because it is amazing women like her that make the town so powerfully fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank TitaBerger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa? Share your experiences!