“Perfect Stopover!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfect Stopover!”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We had intended on driving through the night on this trip and we were just too tired, so we started looking for a place to stay in T or C just as we passed Las Cruces. La Paloma had good reviews so we called and were lucky to get a spot!

The hotel was easy to find and very welcoming. Kathleen actually walked us to our cottage and showed us around, which was a very thoughtful personal touch. The robes provided for use are SO soft and comfortable, and we immediately changed to go to the baths. My husband and I used one of the private rooms for 30 minutes (the water was 105 and it was so nice to soak away the hiking we had done that morning coupled with the long drive in the afternoon).

There is an information folder in the room that has listings for pretty much any service you could need while in T or C. Our stay was so short we just opted to drive to Subway after our soak (if we were staying longer, we would have used the kitchenette!) but since we had the info folder, we didn't have to search around on our own for something to eat. The bed was comfortable and we slept very soundly.

My only wish about this place was that we had arrived earlier so I could have booked a massage or we could have soaked again. It was so quiet and relaxing and I am looking forward to a time when we can return.

1 Thank GSKorelys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We came on a caregiver's break. We loved the comfort of the room...it felt like a friendly hug. As it was a corner room, there was a lot of natural light. The baths were comfortable. We loved #1 the best. The artwork and the depth of the pool were just what was needed. We had only planned on one night there and then another night at another hotel, but once we saw the other room which was nicely tiled and everything but was dark and felt sterile, we cancelled our reservation there and called La Paloma. We were able to get "our" room back and it felt like coming home. We won't stay anywhere else when we come to T or C. We have found our home away from home. Everyone is very nice, the price is right, and the rooms are very clean without an overpowering smell of disinfectant which we had experienced at yet another hotel on an earlier trip.

Room Tip: We were in room #9 which has its own shower and is in a building block on its own and on a corner...
1 Thank Laurel H
Marfa
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We love staying here! The staff is always friendly and welcoming, and they work hard to create a peaceful sanctuary. The rooms are rustic but always clean, with extra amenities like comfy bathrobes for walking to and from the soaking tubs. Efficient heating/cooling system and basic kitchenette makes for a comfortable stay. Recommend for couples on a romantic weekend or singles needing some 'alone time.'

Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My title should say it all. This is the most relaxing all around best bath house/hotel in the TorC area. I have stayed at nearly all the hotels that have mineral water in TorC and found this one the be the best value of all. There are fancier places that are more expensive, but the atmosphere out weighs the rest. We stayed twice in a 3 week period. Both rooms were clean and very comfortable. My wife adds "they were very cute". The 24 hour soaking privaleges in the bath house are much better than many other places. The owner and staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Booking on line was very easy as well.

Room Tip: make sure the heater is not over the bed...that was our only complaint. Only one of the rooms had...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Although you are not the newest or most modern of motels - I'll ALWAYS be back for the unlimited 24 hour hot spring privilege. It amazes me that your competitors charge per usage for a personal spring. The water is very relaxing but unfortunately, in some of your baths, you've got to repaint & clean a bit- just some! As far as the rooms go, I've stayed in 2 different rooms and they're both quaint, cozy, clean & comfortable. See you soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are quaint & cozy!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MZamarripa
Jemez Springs, New Mexico
Reviewed November 29, 2011

La Paloma is the place I go when I need an escape; it is a refuge from the cares of daily living - a space where I may heal mind, body, and soul. The baths at La Paloma are my favorite of all the various soaking venues in the funky little town of Truth or Consequences, NM. They are clean, large, private, and available 24-7 to overnight guests. Every room on the premises is affordable, quaint, and comfortable, and the rooms with kitchenettes have all the necessities for an extended stay if you care to cook your own meals. If you would rather eat out, there are several restaurants within walking distance, and each room has a book with a listing of the restaurants in town. Every room is unique and has a different feel and theme. The water closets for the commodes are smallish, but that is the only downside to the rooms. This is more than offset by the comfortable beds, wi-fi, and the peaceful atmosphere.

The property is quiet, but every time I visit, I meet new and friendly people should I wish for some conversation (because most folks who stay there can’t help but to be happy). This is a pet-friendly location, which is nice if you have well-behaved animals that travel with you. Not only do the staff care about the guests’ comfort, they also believe their role helps to facilitate a higher cause: that all guests leave feeling better than when they arrived. This higher aim is balanced by a respect for privacy, and the staff are not intrusive in any way. However, if you’re looking for a five star fluff and buff spa destination where you expect employees to cater to your every petty little whim, you might want to travel elsewhere. T or C is just not that kind of town.

When I want a space where I can leave my troubles at the door, and my objective is to have a place where I can truly decompress and relax, I go to La Paloma and soak for several days. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The cottage is a perfect place to lodge with family and/or friends!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Rebecca B
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I arrived and was taken to my quaint room with a tour of the mineral baths. The buildings are old with character that are clean and inviting. My room was compact with a kitchen and shared bath. The bath was clean and easy to get to. I bathed in a quiet atmosphere of soft music and picked my private mineral bath by temperature. There was another spot to soak my feet.
When I got up in the morning, I was sore from driving and went back to soak and all my aches and pains were gone.
I left a few items and the motel graciously sent them to me. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
#8 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa? Share your experiences!