Riverbend Hot Springs
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
See available hotels
La Paloma Hot Springs & Spa(Truth or Consequences)
View Hotel
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa(Truth or Consequences)
View Hotel
Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa(Truth or Consequences)
View Hotel
Rocket Inn(Truth or Consequences)
View Hotel
Desert View Inn(Truth or Consequences)
View Hotel
Ace Lodge(Truth or Consequences)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Truth or Consequences(Truth or Consequences)
View Hotel
Travelodge Truth or Consequences(Truth or Consequences)
1,864 results
All reviewsrio grandethe riverartist roomprivate poolhot springscourtyard suitetriple suitewhisper zonehot poolsnew mexicola casitaturtleback mountainget awayfull kitchenfull moonfire pitprivate soaks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped in here for one night. We loved our experience and would return.

Disclaimer up front: This is not a Bed and Breakfast. They do not serve any food. There are drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soda, etc) in the office. Unless you are lucky to reserve a room with a kitchen, you will be limited to using the courtyard grill (a nice-looking gas grill or ordering out).

We stayed in an artist room. The art was okay, but not what I would spend money on. The quality of the room, otherwise, was quite nice. the bathroom had nice stone tile, was clean, and had appropriate amenities. The wood floor tolerated our wetness well. The bed was comfortable. (Our neighbors sure thought it was comfortable...they woke us up at 2 AM with, well, screams/moans of pleasure). Oh yeah, the walls are a bit thin.

The hot tubs/pools are fantastic. In the early, crisp morning, they felt great. We would take periodic breaks by resting either in the sauna or on the lounge chairs on the patio.

Things that I wish that I had of recommend bringing:

- We brought thick robes that we bought at Target (R) that worked fabulously for the weekend.
- Sandals or slippers that you don't mind getting wet
- Multiple swim suits to change in/out of after soaks, leaving the spa area
- Water bottle/pitcher for cold water (you will get dehydrated, even in winter)
- Book a room with a kitchen and bring our own food if there for more than a night
- Computer with an HDMI for watching a movie of your choice at night/after hours (free wifi)

We booked several private soak sessions. Those are quite nice and I recommend at least a few. It is nice to have your own privacy, especially for those times when there are a lot of other guests in the public pools. Book early and book a lot. it's easier to cancel than to sign up late.

There is a nice changing area for non-guests, so stop in even for only a few hours while driving through, it would be worth the trip.

Room Tip: Make sure to book early to get a room with a kitchen. If you're going to be there for longer than one night, it would be worth it to bring your own food or purchase some things in town, rather than to eat out.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hsphoser36
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The artist rooms are small and comfortable, even for two people. There is a digital TV, and no phone. Not that you need either, staying at a place that has multiple hot spring pools, ranging in temperature from 103 to 108 degrees Fahrenheit. You will be greeted by attentive staff who will give you a full tour of the place. There are three open pools that all guests can use and three private pools that require reservations. All of them are on the edge of the Rio Grande river and facing the mountains. They have Wifi, but the reception fluctuates, at least in the Artist rooms, which are farthest away from the router. Checkout reviews on Urbanspoon for local restaurants-highly recommend Los Arcos and Bella Lucca for dinner.

Room Tip: If you are alone, the Artist rooms are a good deal.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sigifredo S
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The staff at Riverbend are very friendly. When my boyfriend and I arrived, we checked in and immediately tried the hot springs. The place has a really calm vibe, with plenty of space for all of the guests in the pools. We were there on a Sunday evening, so there may have been more vacancies than on a Friday or Saturday night.

The pools overlook the Rio Grande River, but offer privacy since the facing riverbank is not developed. The springs have a high mineral content, and you can feel an almost chalky residue on your skin after soaking.

We paid the extra money to have a 50 minute session in a private pool. This was well worth the cost, because we had excellent stargazing. I saw more shooting stars in that hour than I have seen in the rest of my life, combined!

The rooms are small and clean. Even though the rooms are on the smaller side, it was quite comfortable for one night. Plenty of power outlets, a suitcase stand, complimentary toiletries, ice bucket, etc. The free coffee in the morning is nice, too. The food was surprisingly good in T or C, considering it is such a tiny town. Everyone we met was pleasant.

I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I did not feel the need to splurge on a room, since the main attraction was the hot spring.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank almcpher
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This place just gets more beautiful every time I go. The addition of the colored waterfall in the courtyard is stunning. The room was very clean and the bed super comfy. Rhonda (aka "The Coffee Fairy") brought us a delicious cup of coffee while we were soaking in the waters in the morning. It was exactly what I wanted! Very affordable and so worth it. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My friends and I absolutely loved staying at Riverbend, arriving in the evening in time for a pre-bedtime soak, and waking to a morning soak. The accommodations are clean and comfortable and the folks at Riverbend reallly make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends