“A Sweet 'Lil Oasis”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
Riverbend Hot Springs
New Mexico
“A Sweet 'Lil Oasis”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I remember it like it was last week. In fact it was ten days ago when I decided to ride my 1980 Harley-Davidson from a little burg called Edgewood, New Mexico [ a bland euphemism employed to embellish its lackluster location on the edge of nowhere] to Truth or Consequences, New Mexico [ a distinctly non-Hispanic appellation that sounds suspiciously like a game show] for an all-to-brief respite at my favorite southern New Mexico oasis-Riverbend Hot Springs.
New Mexico is famous for its hot springs, and I've visited them all. And generally speaking hot water is agua caliente. But this place is different, and I'll tell you why. The difference is a man named Jake. Jake Foerstner, is the manager of the place and represents the human touch so sorely lacking in resort destinations these days.
On this particular trip, my motorcycle which I affectionately refer to as FRANKENBIKE had, for reasons dark and mysterious, barfed all over the roads of T or C forcing a return to the Riverbend. While waiting for assistance from Edgewood I hung around the office, chatting with Jake between incoming guests. Time after time, with persistent attention to the needs of each visitor-on occasion employing pidgin Spanish to accommodate visitors from our neighbors to the south-Jake delivered customer service with aplomb.
With a smile and an easygoing sense of humor Jake treats every client or group to a guided tour of the facilities-including the cutest little hot sauna, the cleanest rooms, fresh towels, and a lovely little courtyard. He's an expert with a pipe wrench and kitty litter, And you absolutely must check out Jakes Special Lights that softly flicker everywhere in ever-changing hues that add romance to the evening ambience The coffee always available in the lobby is like nectar of the gods
I could go on. I often do. But then we would forget the point of this review. The Riverbend is the place to go for personal service and a great soak. Tell Jake "Rosie's review made me come".

The preceding was an unpaid endorsement, although gratuities accepted and encouraged.

Room Tip: Rooms for every reason!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised, I had never stayed here before & found it online so I am always a little skeptical. The place was great, well kept, clean & most importantly relaxing. I felt awesome after a few hours in the hot springs.. After many days driving cross country it was much needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Burlington VT
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I spent a great night here! Just the thing to shake off the dust of a long day traveling. After a rocky start (there was some confusion about my private pool reservation) Elizabeth at the front desk really won me over with her helpful, friendly manner. I had one of the Artists Rooms, which was small but completely adequate and very clean. The public pools were never crowded and were also very clean. While I was soaking in the morning, one of the staff came by offering coffee - a nice touch. If I'm in the area again, I'll stay at Riverbend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Asheville, NC
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We've been coming here for a number of years now. We live in North Carolina, not New Mexico, but whenever we have ANY reason to be in NM we make sure we schedule in a few days at the Riverbend. The place just keeps getting better and better. New improvements every time with something always being done to make our stay more pleasurable. This time we stayed in the "Casita", the two bedroom (with private patio private house). A great value and it's a little quieter. The private pools are our favorite although we always meet interesting people in the public pools. We'll keep coming back.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The entire weekend was amazing. The room was clean and relaxing. The staff was friendly and helpful. They even found me a new toothbrush because I forgot mine and we got in late. Thanks for a weekend that I won't soon forget. We're already planning our next stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I realized that we've been returning to Riverbend since 1992, over 10 years and we still look forward to it! Without execption, there are improvements EVERY TIME we come back--just keeps getting better. The prices are still very reasonable, the grounds are spotless and the rooms are so much better than typical lodging. Kudos to Jake and his team for maintaining a gem of a resort!

Barefoot Bay, FL
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was the high light of our 16 day western trip!! The room was nice -- but NOT your typical "motel room". It was decorated in a western/Indian style with MUCH ceramic tile.It was a bit cramped in the bath room, but the bedroom and kitchen/living area were good sized. you could easily spend a weekend, or a week here! the hot springs spas were just awesome, and the area around them showed the care taken to detail and cleanliness!! This is DEFINITELY the best of all the hot springs those competitors in the area!! If you go to Trur or Consequences New Mexico THIS is the place to stay!! We both LOVED it!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
#8 of 15 in Truth or Consequences
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Riverbend Hot Springs? Share your experiences!