“A getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Truth or Consequences
Riverbend Hot Springs
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay and the accommodations. The room was clean and cozy. The grounds were well maintained and staff polite and helpful. We enjoyed all of the tubs including the private tubs under the stars and it was wonderful. If I had to find anything to critique it would have to the tight quarters in the bathroom around the sink and mirror. It certainly would not prevent us from re-booking though. We adjusted accordingly for storage of our hygiene items. We look forward to our next trip and will recommend Riverbend to our friends. After all it was recommended to us by friends as well...

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms closest to the hot tubs and never heard a peep from anyone,
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed in The Artists' Rooms which are their newest and cheapest rates ($70/night in off season, includes soak in the hot pools). May be too pricey for a traveller not planning to use the hot pools. Many rooms available in town, with free wi-fi, that will be $20-$40 less per night depending on location, size & age.

Bed was very comfortable, decor is nice. Room is small, but there is a closet area out of your path, so your bags can be out of the way. Bathes are large includes tub.

Sadly these new rooms have incredibly LOUD wall heaters. Also heater is near the head of the bed, so that if you are watching TV you will have to raise volume each time heater kicks on. (I couldn't leave the volume at that higher level when unit turned off,because it seemed to me it would bother adjacent guest rooms.) I like to watch local stations/programs will traveling to get a sense of a place. But there was no TV guide or list to help with that.

I arrived late but was able to get 45 minutes in the hot pools, before closing at 10:00pm. I left too early to soak in the morning, pools won't normally open till 8:00 am. Was quite a pleasure to move from pool to pool adjusting my own temperature. You are right on the river, but the tree overhang & colorful lighting does prevent viewing much of the night sky. I had booked this place hoping to catch the Leonid Meteor Shower while soaking. I had seen several shooting stars while driving on I-25 on my way into T or C. So at least I had those.

Room Tip: It's on a quite back street so road noise is a non-issue! Ask about what type of heaters may be...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
cruisin80, General Manager at Riverbend Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your complementary comments, as well as your honest critique. We strive to give all of our guests the best possible stay in all aspects and sleep quality is definitely at the top of the list. Beside the highest quality Simmons beds, the Artist Rooms all have brand new Amana ac/heat units with heat pumps. We chose them for their efficiency and quiet operation and have not observed or heard complaints about them being loud. However, a malfunctioning heater should definitely be brought to our attention so we can address it before our colder weather arrives. Our days have been so warm lately, that testing the heaters after checkout has not been a daily routine, thus far. If you could email us with the room number you were in, it would greatly help us out in troubleshooting any malfunctioning heater and we would really appreciate it.

Just to clarify some of your other points for those reading this, I would like to mention that we don't have seasonal rates, but have the same low rates every day of the year. Though there are certainly some hotels in town for $50 a night, we tend to attract folks who desire the 9-14 hours of included soaking that staying here affords them. Thanks again for your comments and we hope you can make it here another time, especially when your schedule would allow you to soak a bit more and at a time when you would see our incredible view!

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in an Artist room. The room was small but clean and new and the bed was comfortable. For the price, I can't complain about the size of the room. The mineral pools were great. The landscaping is very well done and the pools are right on the river. The setting is very nice. Although T or C is kinda in the middle of no where, the location within T or C is perfect. Riverbend is a few blocks away from some great restaurants. The staff was friendly. I would recommend a stay here if you're looking for an affordable, relaxing escape.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is in a beautiful setting right on the Rio Grande. A friend and I visited to celebrate our birthdays. The private tubs are the best. We wished we had booked two nights instead of one. I definitely have to go back with my husband. They do allow dogs in the rooms, however, they are not allowed in the springs area so it would be best to leave them home as you can't leave them in the room alone either. The staff is great too. We stayed in the three bedroom suite with a full kitchen and a large TV. Definitely recommend the Riverbend.

Room Tip: The three bedroom suite is closest to the springs. The hotel web site is very descriptive and full o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I were traveling cross country to move back to Kentucky. This happened to be on the way to Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands, so it was the perfect getaway for a night after driving all day. We stayed here one night and loved the romantic atmosphere. It was a bit crowded on a Saturday night, but we were still able to get into the hot tubs we wanted. The couple running the front desk were incredibly helpful and gave us a tour along with some restaurant recommendations/coupons. Really cute place!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Warm, charming, clean and friendly describe our overnight stay at Riverbend Hot Springs. We opted for a private casita with old world charm and new world features: WIFI, flat screen TV, refrigerator, stove, and large shower. For a nominal fee, we added a private soak from 9-10 pm looking out over the river and starry night sky. The public soaking areas feature varying degrees of warmth for you to experience and all overlook the Rio Grande. Beautiful and peaceful to soak, hawk watch, and admire the fall leaves. This is a small gem of a place, near great eateries too.

Room Tip: 3 tips: 1) Casitas 1 and 2 are great choices for couples. 2) Might want to check out the yummy warm...
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've stayed at Riverbend Hot Springs many times and I enjoy it thoroughly each time and I'll continue to stay at Riverbend exclusively. My only complaint this time was...I stayed in one of the new rooms and they lack a refrigerator. While I stayed in early November, I can't imagine not having a frig in hotter weather. I stayed 4 nights and the frig and a microwaive would have added much convenience.
Madtown Fred

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#6 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Rocket Inn
Rocket Inn
#3 of 14 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Riverbend Hot Springs? Share your experiences!