“Great winter get-away!”

Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The Charles Motel in Truth or Consequences NM is a great winter get-away. We really enjoyed their private hot mineral baths & massage therapists. Having our own apartment & kitchenette made us feel right at home. See you again soon! Jamie & Linda Gillmor, Delta, Utah

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda G

Reviewed November 23, 2011

The first room I stayed in had cockroaches, and a hair on the pillow. There were 2 cockroaches dead in the tub, and i ended up killing about a half dozen more throughout the course of the evening as they scurried across the floor. I was rather tired so i didn't care, and switched rooms the next day. The second room was roach free with clean linens. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The mineral baths were FANTASTIC!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank karly m
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This little hotel was very quaint and totally affordable. The owner was very nice and let us check out the room beforehand. The location was great as well. The motel hobby had some great gifts and snacks. It was an overall cool place for the night.

Room Tip: Just check all the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed October 25, 2011

At first when you pull up into the parking lot I first thought oh no what have I gotten myself into. I went into the office and the staff was very friendly. They let us check in early. Once we got to the room we were pleasantly surprised. No need to add photos to this review. Honestly what you see on the internet to book is what you get. The rooms are extremely large and very clean. When I mean clean I mean even the comforter that we all worry about is even clean. I would stay here any time. The area is very quiet not a whole lot going on in the town. There is a grocery store right across the street.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jenna_samchar
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed during the hot springs festival. I was surprised how clean it was,very comfortable there especially after that hot bath. The bath tubs in the private baths area could use a little acid wash but if you can get past the looks of the iron and minerals near the drain, it was one of the greatest baths I've had. After all its a historic hotel but, the customer service was awesome. They don't supply coffee in the room although there is a coffeemaker. When I asked about it alex said no problem he would grin some of the coffee he had in lobby for me. Wonderful job it made us feel special. Thanks Alex. I would recommend this hotel for anyone on a budget. You won't be disappointed. We' be back

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ohana_artisans
CharlesMotel, General Manager at Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2011

As always we appreciate all feedback! Our hot mineral baths drain from our facility into the Rio Grande River. We use an orange based organic cleaner after each use, unfortunately an acid wash would not be environmentally friendly. Thank you for your comments and please come again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had tried the hot tubs at the Charles and when visiting overnight booked a room. The price was great and my room was decorated very tastefully in silky black, red velvet and white. I had a nice red wing-back chair, microwave and small fridge. It was clean and comfortable, very quiet and I felt safe there by myself.
The Charles seems to be well-run and staying there was a fine adventure. I am not a fan of the big chains and I did not have to spend the night looking at garish oranged flowered bedspreads and ugly motel pictures bolted on the wall. The furniture in my roomwas also refinished with a very subtle but attractive faux finish, which was a nice touch. Well done!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Theresa T
Reviewed July 28, 2011

just like the roadhouses of the bygone days. funky, clean and great hosts. i'll be back. you should stay as well.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank michaelhicks44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truth or Consequences
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
Sierra Grande Lodge & Spa
#2 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Consequences
Comfort Inn & Suites Truth or Co...
#5 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
Travelodge Truth or Consequences
#7 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Consequences
Holiday Inn Express Truth or Con...
#8 of 14 in Truth or Consequences
Elephant Butte Inn
Elephant Butte Inn
#1 of 2 in Elephant Butte
Pelican Spa
Pelican Spa
#3 of 6 in Truth or Consequences

Been to Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa? Share your experiences!