“Can this place be for real??”
Review of Cafe Bella Luca

Cafe Bella Luca
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cedaredge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can this place be for real??”
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We found Bella Luca to be a large but cozy place. Outstanding food including the olives and dipping bread offered at no charge. The friendly chef visited our table twice--once before and once after the meal, which shows a well-placed confidence in the quality, taste and presentation of the food.

It was hard for us to believe this restaurant exists in a smaller town like TorC, but we're so glad it does!

Albuquerque
“Surprise! Who woulda guessed such a find in T or C!”
Reviewed February 22, 2009

We had heard of Bella Luca from friends who had been in T or C recently and thought they couldn't possibly be right about a wonderful Italian restaurant there! They were correct! The restaurant really stands out in this small town . From the hip, modern design to the food, this is a real gem in this part of the state. My husband had clams & mussels with linguini. The seafood was fresh and delicious. I had the night's ravioli special (there are several sauces from which to chose) with a pesto cream sauce. The ravs' pasta was tender and the filling delicious. The wine list is very good with a lot of "by the glass" items, and reasonably priced.
Be warned that they are closed Tuesdays!

1 Thank SWFoodie
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Valentine's Dinner for Two at Cafe Bella Luca! Mi amor!”
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Cafe Bella Luca.
www.cafebellaluca.com
(575) 894-9866
303 Jones St,
Truth or Consequences, NM.

February 14, 2009.
Valentine's Dinner for two.

To celebrate Valentine's Day, my husband and drove north to Truth or Consequences, NM to soak in the natural hot springs and enjoy a delicious dinner at Cafe Bella Luca. We made reservations far in advance because the restaurant stays very busy on holidays. We arrived a little before our 8:30 reservation but were greeted by a friendly yet professional staffer. We were escorted to our seats and had a perfect view through the window of the carriage transporting the people to and from the gallery hop. Very romantic to see a horse drawn carriage on Valentine's Day.

So to start, we ordered wine and beer. Great selection of good wines. Ranging from $6 per glass on up or by the bottle. Cafe Bella Luca also has a house selection that is less inexpensive, about $4 per glass. Beer selection is great, too, and won't break your bank.

Appetizers were wonderful. I recommend the bruschetta or the crab cakes. Organic salads are also available a la carte. The greens are so fresh, so real. Love the quality of the food.

And what my husband and I love to rave about is the ravioli! It's often not on the menu so we just always ask. And you know, they bring it out if it's available...The ravioli is tender and light, filled with ricotta and spinach. It is served with either marinara or gorgaonzola sauce. So hard to decide. Both are exquisite. I have heard that grandma Nani makes this ravioli by hand. But I have yet to meet her...and thank her.

Desert for us was the creme brulee. By desert, we were so happy and full but we had to savor the rich custard. We drove so long, after all!

Building is contemporary with original brick walls and tin ceilings. Patio for summertime dining. Exhibits local talent. Lovely views by the plate windows. Fresh flowers on table.

We met Jessica, the owner, after our dinner. She was so accessible, so sweet, and a true professional. Next time we will have that glass of wine with her! Thanks for a fantastic holiday dinner!

Albuquerque, NM
“AWESOME restaurant in sleepy T or C”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I was fabulously surprised to find this world class Italian restaurant in the sleepy little town of Truth or Consequences (T or C), NM.

My hats off to the chef and owner who creates a welcoming, intimate, even romantic atmosphere and serves some of the best Italian food in the west.

I was grateful that both nights I ate at Cafe BellaLuca there were many full tables ensuring it remains finaincially viable.

It's worth thr trip from Albuquerque just for dinner!

Santa Fe
“A nice surpirse in a small town.”
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My colleague and I ate dinner and lunch there last week. The dinner meal was terrific, among the best mussels and clams over linguini I've ever had. The lunch dish was terrific, too, and a revelation--I'd never had a "salmon club" before: warm grilled salmon fillet on focaccia bread with fresh tomatoes and large sprouts-wow.

1 Thank SantaFeFlo