“AWESOME restaurant in sleepy T or C”
Review of Cafe Bella Luca

Cafe Bella Luca
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Albuquerque, NM
“AWESOME restaurant in sleepy T or C”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I was fabulously surprised to find this world class Italian restaurant in the sleepy little town of Truth or Consequences (T or C), NM.

My hats off to the chef and owner who creates a welcoming, intimate, even romantic atmosphere and serves some of the best Italian food in the west.

I was grateful that both nights I ate at Cafe BellaLuca there were many full tables ensuring it remains finaincially viable.

It's worth thr trip from Albuquerque just for dinner!

Santa Fe
“A nice surpirse in a small town.”
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My colleague and I ate dinner and lunch there last week. The dinner meal was terrific, among the best mussels and clams over linguini I've ever had. The lunch dish was terrific, too, and a revelation--I'd never had a "salmon club" before: warm grilled salmon fillet on focaccia bread with fresh tomatoes and large sprouts-wow.

1 Thank SantaFeFlo
Las Cruces
“Bad service, bad food.”
Reviewed February 4, 2009

My wife and I made a point to eat there when we were traveling because of the previous reviews here. What a huge mistake. When we got there at 7:00 on Saturday night they weren’t busy at all which should have been our first indication something was amiss.

After sitting for a few minutes we heard the couple sitting at the next table asking where their food was. That was the second indication but again we ignored the warning.

Long story short……..when the food we ordered finally showed up but it smelled bad and tasted worse. When we complained the owner’s wife came over and basically said it wasn’t their fault they couldn’t get good sea food being in the middle of nowhere.

Suffice to say we won’t be back.

4 Thank Shillnixon
Albuquerque
“A nice surprise in Truth our Consequences”
Reviewed February 3, 2009

What a nice surprise in T or C. On our way from El Paso to Albuquerque, we stumbled on this little gem. I had wild mushroom ravioli, my spouse had a very nice salad of field greens and a pasta bolognese. The food was attractively presented and very nicely flavoured.
My only little quibble was with the service. The busboy took away my plate before my spouse had finished his meal. And, the hostess disappeared at the end our our meal. We finally scrambled together cash to pay (our credit card sat waiting for her for several minutes) and we needed to get back on the road. She's lucky that we're honest and paid our bill. We could easily have just walked out!
This would not in any way prevent a return visit.

New Zealand
“Best meal after 2 months of traveling”
Reviewed February 1, 2009

We have been traveling throughout the USA for the past 2 months, eating out a lot. While in T or C to soak at the hot springs, we took advantage of local advice and ate at Cafe Bella Luca.

Great food, exceptional service, and a personal visit from the chef/owner. Best meal I had during my travels at a reasonable price. I would definitely recommend.

2 Thank JaneDolan