“Scallops in the desert? You bet!”
Review of Cafe Bella Luca

Cafe Bella Luca
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

What a nice surprise to find such a high quality restaurant in T or C! The wine list was satisfying and the bread and salads before the meal were just right. My sea scallops were cooked just right. The meal ended with a little "chocolate decadence". Well done BellaLuca!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went here for our anniversary last weekend, and were greatly disappointed. We had read all the great reviews and were so excited, but found that the food was below average and way over priced. We will never go here again and will tell everyone we know to stay away. They did have a great wine list and good service, but it wasn't enough to make the experience worth it.

1  Thank Eltap
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband ordered a calzone and I ordered a pizza! Great food! Must have crime brûlée! They were very nice there and offered us a sample of wine before purchase. Awesome!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great Italian cuisine! T or C is not a major metro so finding authentic Italian is wonderful. Kudos to chef Byron and his team!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We came to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. We'd heard good reports about the place. The service was just adequate enough, they don't let their patrons know that they may seat themselves, so there are people standing around unsure of what to do next, the bread was good with the olives they give their patrons. Our meals were on the high end and not worth it. I had the chicken Milanese and I could swear it came from a prepackaged cutlet served in a large institution. It was tasteless, rubbery and overcooked over breaded. My husband's pasta had good flavor but wasn't amazing. When the chef came by we politely told him that my meal was unacceptable and he basically didn't want to deal with it. We paid for our anniversary dinner with a tab that wasn't great and I paid with a belly ache. It was my fault too in that I knew it was terrible and I didn't insist on sending it back as I didn't want to spoil our evening.

Maybe we'd return for pizza, but not a real meal--definitely not the chicken just the pasta if someone needed a real entree.

3  Thank alicitamaria