“Great Food And Service”
Review of Cafe Bella Luca - CLOSED

Cafe Bella Luca
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a very enjoyable meal here and it was nice to sit outside. The waitress was from NYC, of all places, and very attentive and friendly. Just a short walk from our hotel downtown.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had heard a lot about this restaurant but, being from New Jersey, took it with a grain of salt. Boy was I wrong to do that, This is a simple but gastonomically sophisticated restaurant. I have not had Italian food this authentic outside if NY/NJ. I was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had two fantastic sandwiches for lunch. Every dish we saw delivered to table around us looked very yummy. The place is clean, large (not on top of other tables), pleasant atmosphere and nice help.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We tried this restaurant while visiting with friends and I was stunned to find such a classy place in southern New Mexico! The servers seemed very knowledgable about the wine collection and described the specials in a way that made each dish sound like a masterpiece. The dining room is spacious and tastefully decorated. Admittedly, it felt a little pretentious and I felt a little too casual or unsophisticated to be there, but it's one of those eateries everyone should try at least once.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We go to T or C about once or twice a year. The restaurants there are what you'd expect for a small town in the middle of a desert, though over the years we have found 1 or 2 we really go back for. This was our first time here and we were pleasantly surprised to find a whole lot more on the menu than pizza and pasta and beer (there are large street signs promoting those items). We love calamari, so that and a ceasar salad was our first choice. Neither one disappointed us, with the calamari especially being prepared quite well. The creme brulee was terrific. The beer and wine selection is over the top. I'm sure you'd have to go at least 150 miles (ABQ) to find a selection like this or even 200 (Santa Fe). Second time back we ordered the luncheon special, a nicely done pasta with just the right spiciness, creaminess and texture. We also tried the salmon club - nothing to rave about - just average, especially since they were out of pannini and it was served on an average piece of very hard and chewy sour dough baguette. Disappointments, if any, were that tiramisu and pannini were not available, though on the menu. An Italian restaurant running out of tiramisu and pannini? Shameful. Pleasant surprises? Great olives served on the side with most of our dishes and good olive oil served with the bread. I'd definitely go back for more.