“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It used to be one of our favorite local spots after enjoying Shidoni sculpture gardens or a hike in the area, but you couldn't get me back there. Three bad experiences in a row over 2 years. It had changed hands, I have heard. We were overcharged, we were ignored, we battled flies.
I actively discourage visitors from this place, such a change from when I couldn't wait to recommend it.
Whoever is in charge, get a grip and pull this place together!

2  Thank TwinFlames
There are newer reviews for Tesuque Village Market

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went there to have breakfast on Aug 31. Mistake happens. But if there are two people make the same complains about tips that were altered then I think it shoud rise awareness. I found it on my credit card today. Too bad, just too bad !

3  Thank Libralibra2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

After our usual visit to the nearby flea market, we opted for lunch here and weren't disappointed. Our waitress Nicole seemed on top of her game and the Pastrami sandwich, sweet potato fries and patty melt didn't let us down either. While we've had better, we certainly didn't find a single thing wrong with our experience and highly recommend the Village Market.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

On our Indian Market week trip my daughter had never been to this restaurant. I had been to the market many times but this time the kitchen never got my order correct and our waitress was a bit stressed with all of the activity. I will go back but I do not like fighting all of the flies. I suggest that more fans be places outside on the patio to help with the problem. The food was tasty and the bakery items were very good.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This used to be one of the best places in Santa Fe County, and the food is still good, but on our last visit our credit card was altered to raise the tip (which was already generous). Although we are locals, we were there at the height of the tourist season, and it looks like someone at least feels that tourists are fair game and will not notice or protest a few bucks here and there. This a very unfortunate happening at a once-great restaurant.

4  Thank Ptolemy A