“Convenient, comfortable, with good service”
Review of Hampton Inn Taos

Hampton Inn Taos
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights. Check-in was easy and fast. The King room (228) was comfortable and roomy, with a good size bath. Mattress was firm, but very comfortable. When we got in, we found on the bed a padded lap-board with a note signed by our housekeeper, welcoming us and inviting us to let her know if we needed anything. Nice touch and the first time I've seen a lap board in any hotel. Also on the headboard was a sticky noting the sheets and duvet were washed prior to our arrival. Now granted, I assume the sheets are clean, but it's nice to know the duvet is also freshly laundered.
The included breakfast buffet was extensive and tasty, with fruits, baked goods, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, an egg dish, sausage, a waffle machine, juices, coffee, etc. Trays were available to take to your room.
The only issue we had with our room was the bathroom door was hanging slightly crooked and scraped the floor when about 2/3 open. The first morning, on our way out, I mentioned this to the front desk clerk. He asked if I wanted maintenance to look at it while we were out, and I told him to go ahead if they wanted, but that it was no big deal. When we returned to the room late that afternoon, we found a note from the maintenance supervisor apologizing that they would not be able to fix the door without removing it from our room for the rest of our stay. Along with the note was a gift basket with bottled water and snacks. Totally unnecessary, but a really nice surprise.
Also, the first night, I didn't sleep too well, despite the very comfortable mattress. I'm not a duvet guy, as I find them too bulky and hot. In the closet was a regular blanket in a zippered plastic case. Our first morning, I left the case on the bed with a note to the housekeeper to please put the blanket on the bed under the duvet, and when we returned it was made up just as I requested. Seems like a small thing, but I have often found other hotels somehow unable to comply with equally simple requests.
If you are looking to stay in Taos, and want a hotel that provides all the basics, and top-notch service to boot, you should give the Hampton Inn a try. I wouldn't hesitate to re-book.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
JuanIsidro C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Taos, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

I am very pleased to hear that you were so well cared for. We feel like, in order for a guest to truly have that Taos expericance, every effort must be made to make you feel right at home. Your requests, no matter how small, are the challeges we seek out everyday and we thank you for giving us a way to wow you!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed for one night on the way from Colorado to Santa Fe last September. The Hampton Inn is located on the main highway approximately one mile from Taos Plaza. There is a lot of traffic on the road, but the location is quiet.

The hotel remembers a Spanish home from the outside. The main lobby is very spacious and coffee/tea and cookies are offered 24 hours, which we found a very nice gesture. The rooms are only accessible from the inside. We were given a room on the second floor which was really nice, very clean and spacious with the most comfortable beds ever. The bathroom was very roomy as well and had very nice toiletries.

The breakfast is complimentary and served in the lobby area. It was the classical Hampton Inn breakfast which, in my opinion, is among the best complimentary breakfast you can get in this category. At Taos it was no exception.

All in all, the Hampton Inn is a very nice property with great rooms and a very good breakfast. Just keep in mind that it is too far from the Plaza to walk there (and we are good walkers).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I were surprised at the limited traditional higher end hotel options available when we paid a short visit to Taos. I had heard that B&B's in the area were good but that experiences were inconsistant, so we decided to go with a safe choice: Hampton Inn. I don't regret our decision but it turned out to be a relatively uninspiring choice. This Inn could be almost anywhere in the U.S. - so it wasn't the Taos experience I had hoped for, but that isn't the fault of the hotel. Amenities of the hotel include a hearty, free breakfast in a nice setting, free newspapers, friendly and helpful staff, ample parking, comfortable beds (we had a room with two double beds), clean-as-a-whistle bathroom and a quiet location - if you are on the backside of the hotel. I can easily recommend the hotel but with the caveat that this is not going to be a unique southwest experience. Otherwise, this is a safe choice for your trip to Taos.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the ice machine and elevator and when I made this request, Hampton...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
JuanIsidro C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Taos, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Greetings. I am Juan, the Front Desk Manager. I am unsure how to approach this review as it appears to be a review of the town accomodations rather than our hotel specifically. However i can say that I ma glad that after all your deliberation you decided on us. Thanks! In regards to your comments on the "taos experiance", I know that our facilty my not emphasize that look as much as we can hope but we hope that our attitude relfects the REAL Taos expericance. Which is one of hospitality and service to our fellow man and woman. I like to treat this place like if it was my moms house and treat the guests as such also.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was the best ever! If you are ever in the area please stay here. The rooms are great and the folks there are so so nice. Ask anything and they will either know the answer straight off or they will find the answer for you! They are friendly and want to make your stay in Taos enjoyable. Saw a first there also, Biker Rags! Nice pile of clean washrags to help you clean your bike or clean your windshield if needed. They think of everything. There is a wonderful indoor pool and a clean airy workout room for those looking to keep up routines.

LaDonna,
Lake Charles, LA

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our stay at this hotel was just fine. The room was typical Hampton Inn and the service and recommendations were excellent. We liked being a little out of the hubbub of downtown. The price was $20 higher than our other New Mexico hotels and it was not at all better than they were. I do believe, though, that Taos is an expensive town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband was in Taos for a conference and we stayed at the Hampton Inn. The room was nice sized and we had a view of the mountains. Our bed was very comfortable and had really pillows and comforter. The staff we encountered were all professional and friendly. Breakfast was good...one notch up from the typical packaged Danish and juice. Coffee is available all day and night and cookies are offered, too! We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The rooms are of standard size, nothing special. Even though it looked clean, it had an air of "well-used". They only have one washer and one dryer...some nice ladies let me put my clothes in with theirs to ever get my laundry done. The breakfast was free and descent. The only thing was the orange juice was watery, but the coffee was very good. Some weird guy was playing the flute while I was trying to eat breakfast and catch up on the news...get your food and go back to your room is the moral of the story. The hotel is a bit on the outside of town, so you will need a car. All of the landmarks, shopping and restaurants are around the old town square.

Room Tip: Recommend a room on the far north side for view and to avoid the road noise...lots of loud motorcycl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time and posting your opinion about our hotel. Your feedback is most appreciated! We are a humble establishment with not many of the amenities shared by some of the "newer" Hampton Inn's. I do like to think that what we lack in materials we make up for with our service. Next time your with us I would like you to invite you to share any of your concerns with me. Even if its just some watery OJ! Thanks again for your review!