“Pleasant hotel, good service”
Review of Hampton Inn Taos

Hampton Inn Taos
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I was only staying in Taos one night so I wanted something I was familiar with and knew what I was getting. When I checked in, the desk agent, Juan, was very helpful in quickly taking care of me and providing recommendations on things to do and places to eat. He was right on with his recommendations and pointed me to a great spot where the locals eat. The fitness room was a little small but adequate since I was only looking for a treadmill. Overall, a good hotel and Juan provided the extra touches to make my trip memorable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank utl02

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because of the points I have accumulated. I was glad that it was not in the mainstream downtown area due to all the traffic and conjestion of the events going on. Juan was very helpful in helping me locate a good fly shop for my fishing needs. I felt safe; the room was clean; the breakfast was usual. Upon check in, they offered me warm soup, cookies and a choice of cold beverages and/or coffee which was nice treat after a long day of driving. I could never get the internet to work which was a let down, but I was able to use the business office downstairs at any time. My room choice was "spectacular view" which did include the mountains, but they were overlooking the front parking lot. I am glad I didn't complain because the balloon fiesta was going on and I would not have seen the early morning display of balloons in the air while having my coffee. I also liked being able to open my window and get the cool breeze of the outdoor air. Overall I would stay here again, but if I were spending money instead of using points, I would pick a reputable bed and breakfast instead just to have a more local feel during my stay in such a beautiful and historic town.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Yes, the location is outside of town amongst many chain motels but the service was good and downtown was only a few minutes away. the room was very good. Breakfast was typical but the attendent was great. Our evening clerk, Juan......., was very helpful. So helpful, that we shared our take in meal with him! Free internet was slow.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This is an ok hotel. The room needed a few repairs but was clean and comfortable. It is conveniently located for visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This property was pretty much up to Hampton Inn standards though it would be nice to be a bit closer to the historic district. I I were to quibble Id criticize the Sterling-made toilets which offered a poor flush with the seat refusing to stay upright but, hey, that is really being nit-pickie. Also the water pressure was though but that might be the same for all hotels in tat part of town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We made a last-minute reservation here, and were very glad we did. We had wanted a king room but only 2 queen beds were available (they offered a handicapped-accessible room but we declined)--and the beds were two of the most comfortable we've ever slept on, anywhere. Room was clean, quiet, and front desk staff went out of their way to help us with regard to local attractions, restaurants, etc. Only complaint is that TV was somewhat dated--not a flat screen (but we don't weigh TV quality in what we want in a hotel experience). Breakfast buffet was decent, but very limited seating with lots of people wanting to eat (and sip coffee and chat on a Sunday). However, we would still recommend this to anyone who isn't looking for a quaint "inn" experience in Taos.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bcbb22
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This property was far below Hampton's standards.
It was extremely outdated. Everything about the
room needed to be totally renovated.
The bathroom was a dismal, dark place. Plus
the vanitiy was extremely low.
There was no flat screen tv; the set in our room
was very old. When we complained, we were told
they did have new flat screens, but they hadn't
been put in the rooms.
The reading lights were dim; impossible to read
by.
We had 2 washcloths; both tissue paper thin and
one was totally stained.
The window curtain must have been the original
from when the hotel was built. There were no
sheers as there are in most Hampton properties.
No blackout curtain. Just a horrid dark drape.

The staff was friendly and the breakfast was
good. Those are the only positives I can think
to write.

We paid more for this hotel than many other Hamptons
we've stayed in that were excellent.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms to choose from in this Hampton.