Super 8 Taos
$189
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sagebrush Inn & Suites(Taos)(Great Value!)
$95
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
$89
El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
$140
$120
Orbitz.com
Hotel La Fonda de Taos(Taos)(Great Value!)
$129
$129
$67
$68
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanbudget hotelwould stay againthe wi ficoffee makerrooms are smallroad tripyogurteasy accesscontinental breakfastking roomnew mexicoproteinfurnituredryerlodging
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were looking for value to enjoy downtown Taos. The Super 8 is just out of town and one block from the visitors center. The staff was very nice and answered our questions regarding what to see since we only had two days in Taos. Our king size bed was most comfortable and our room was kept spotless. We will definitely stay there again when we have opportunity to visit Taos. Bravo to a great staff!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed at many Super 8's. They are usually decent and fairly-priced. I do not need luxury when I travel. My standards for a place to lay my head are not extreme. That being said, I would not stay here again and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

The location is fine. The staff was fine. Yes, it smells like smoke in the hallways but any hotel that still has smoking rooms is going to have that issue.

We did have to switch rooms. I don't think I've ever demanded to switch rooms before. As per our usual travel routine, the first thing we do is look for signs of bed bug infestation. If you don't know how to do that, I recommend that you learn as this is becoming a nightmare these days. Upon looking at the mattress in our room, we were 90% certain that the staining along the seams were the tell-tale fecal/blood stains indicative of a bed bug infestation. We used their free wifi (a bonus) to look up pictures of this phenomenon and the images we found online were identical to what we were seeing. We left the room and went to the front desk.

The person at the desk was very helpful in switching us to the only other room she had available. She seemed surprised as she thought the mattresses had just been replaced in all of the rooms on the first floor. There was, indeed, a dumpster in the parking lot full of mattresses, yet that room must have been missed or HORRIBLY infested.

The real disappointment for me was seeing that our old room was given to another party after I explained what we found in that room.

Our new room was acceptable. Breakfast in the morning was sparse, even for a Super 8. I get the impression that the owners/managers of this location know that they can make money on a hotel in Taos without investing much of their own money, time, or care in maintaining a nice oasis for weary travelers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank J L
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Worn-down is the only word that describes this place. Even though it was moderately clean, the place seemed dirty. The lobby was shabby and the room left no better impression. Smoke literally filled the air of the hallways in this supposedly non-smoking motel.
The room itself was worse. From the bits of 'stuff' on the floor, the carpet was obviously not vacuumed recently. The mattress made sleeping on a wooden plank preferable. The floors creaked so bad that the light fixtures vibrated with every footstep.
The bathroom was excessively small and drab. The sink was barely large enough to hold a toothbrush and had raw plywood screwed into the front as a covering for the plumbing. The toilet was the smallest I have ever had the displeasure of sitting on. It simply did not flush- there was simply not enough water to effectively fill the bowl.
In summary, this place was in such a state of disrepair that everything in it felt dirty and unpleasant.

• Stayed: September 2012
6  Thank 5StarLifestyle
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The double was old, smelly, dirty, pretty awful. Room was upstairs and the carpet on the stairs should have been the first clue! Filthy and stained! The plumbing was awful. The toilet clogged. Not enough towels. We had three in our group.

Glad I was only there one night. Way over-priced, though. I wouldn't pay more than $25 for this place! The city of Taos should really be ashamed!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Serpephone
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here 17thJune 2012 for two nights whilst travelling around the area. Checked in ok. Had a room on the ground floor. The hallway was dark and smelled of smoke. In the room we had two beds, which made the room look and feel on the small side, TV, Coffee Maker, and a wardrobe which was tight for space. The bathroom was ok, but looked boring and drab, but everything worked good. Clean towels on both nights. The A.C. worked, but didn't give a lot of cool air. The room was clean and the beds were ok. Breakfast was in the reception area, and consisted of cereal, muffins, coffee and juice, that's all. We weren't in the room all day, only there to rest our heads after being out seeing the area. Taos is a three mile drive away, well worth the visit. There's a couple of fast food places to eat nearby, so if you need a decent meal like we did, you need to drive towards downtown and you will find restaurants in this area. There is no swimming pool, plenty of car parking space. Overall, if your on the go looking around the area, then this is a cheap option,if you want good class lodging, then go into Taos.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't look onto the car parking area, that way your room might feel a bit cooler.(The sun not shinning all day into the room).
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple