All reviews el camino room was clean indoor pool and hot tub very nice stay new mexico cereal ski renovation rates
Reviewed September 11, 2018

My boyfriend and I just recently stayed at Taos Valley Lodge, and we were overjoyed to find out that we could bring our pet beagle with us, especially after being turned down by other properties in the area. I was informed by the friendly front desk agent that the rooms were recently renovated and that the hotel was under new management. It wasn't the most lavish hotel I've seen, but the rooms were clean and the staff seemed genuinely friendly and took a liking to our dog.I also liked the fact that they had a laundromat on property as we had been traveling for several days and desperately needed some clean laundry. We will be back, thank you Taos Valley Lodge!

Date of stay: September 2018
RussH399, Guest Relations Manager at Taos Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you for the very nice review. We're so glad you chose us for your visit to Taos. I know it's hard to find a pet friendly hotel sometimes, so I'm glad we could accommodate you and your dog. Our staff works very hard to make our guests comfortable, so it's good to hear they are doing a good job. Hopefully, you'll be back again soon and stay with us again. Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

We arrived late on the day of check-in and it turns out the person who took my reservation over the phone never keyed in what type of room I had reserved. The front desk clerk did his best to make it right, and we wound up with a queen room instead of a king since all the kings were occupied. When we got to the room, it seemed ok at first glance, but after looking a little closer, we realized the toilet never stopped running, there were tar/grease globs all over the shower and curtain, the previous guest's toenail clippings were embedded in the carpet, there was hair all over the bed, and the previous guest's socks and underwear were still in the armoire.

The next morning, I brought the issues to the attention of the desk staff whose response was "what do you want me to do about it?" Since all the other dog friendly hotels in town were full, I had to list out for her: vacuum the carpet, clean the shower, replace the shower curtain, change the sheets/blanket/pillow cases, etc. When we returned to the room, things were cleaner but the items in the armoire were still there, and the toilet wasn't fixed. Clearly they aren't quite finished with their remodel, as someone was on the roof painting the side of the building during our 2nd day.

All in all, other than the cleanliness issues, this was an ok place to stay. Definitely not the pre-wedding hotel stay I had hoped for, but when you go by internet photos and reviews you can't get too choosy. I hope they continue to improve before ski season, but I doubt I'll bother to stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DMHoltzclaw
RussH399, Guest Relations Manager at Taos Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

I just read your review and would like to thank you for your honest feedback. We need to know about the downside of our business along with the upside. It appears that we have certainly dropped the ball this time. You are right, we still have a lot of work to do as far as our remodel goes, it just doesn't happen overnight, as I'm sure you are well aware. Our staff is a team of hardworking, caring people, who work very hard to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Hopefully, you will give us a second chance and come back this winter. If you do, please contact me personally, and I will be happy to take care of you. Again, thank you for your review.

Tijana

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked our stay at Taos Valley Lodge reluctantly due to prior ownership when it was El Camino. Due to a tight budget we decided to book with them and give them a shot. To our surprise we saw no evidence of what was once a below standard hotel. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with warm smiles. Once we reached are room we were even more joyed at the cleanliness and space. They even have an indoor pool and jacuzzi and continental breakfast which consisted of mainly carbs and fruit but was just enough to start us off just right. The coffee i must say (and im picky) was pretty darn good. The staff was friendly throughout are stay and answered all our questions about local places to eat and visit etc... Thank you to Oliver and Tijana for all their help even if it was something as simple as new batteries for our remote. At such a good price Taos Valley Lodge is beyond a bargain. I didnt get to utilize laundry room or BBQs but knowing they were there was nice. If we had known they were so pet friendly we would have brought our dog as well. We know for next time. And their will definately be a next. Im glad we gave them a chance. They definately proved worthy! Thank you! We will see you in Ski Season!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoPlaces725022
Russ H, Guest Relations Manager at Taos Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

We would like to thank you for your very nice review. It's true, this was a below standard hotel and not the best place to stay. In the past year and a half, we have worked very hard to attain an updated, clean and friendly hotel. We try to give our guests 100% attention and attend to all their needs. When you come back in the winter, perhaps you can take advantage of the guest laundry and the pool and jacuzzi. Our skiing guests, seem to like the jacuzzi after a day on the slopes. We are proud of our staff, they do an exceptional job at the front desk and elsewhere. Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you in the winter.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to Taos for a month every summer for about 3 years. This was the first time staying at the Taos Valley Lodge. I initially only planned on staying for one night. The next morning I booked a room for the whole month! The accommodations are fantastic! They have laundry on site, a heated pool and very large hot tub. You are even able to make waffles!! Yumm!! Such an amazing, helpful staff, always going above and beyond to ensure the best experience and the rooms are always clean! The parking lot is very well lit and the property is incredibly well maintained. They offer daily, weekly, and monthly rates that you can't find anywhere else in town! I will be staying here again next summer and every trip I make to Taos. You guys are amazing, thank you for SUCH an incredible, relaxing stay!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

What a splendid review. You have made our staff very happy. This is what we have been working to achieve, and it sounds as if, by your review, we are on the right path. We're so glad you took advantage of our guest laundry and our breakfast facilities. We are also working on a newer and bigger BBQ area for the guests. We look forward to your return next year. We are working on more amenities to make your stay even more enjoyable. Again, thank you so much for the lovely review, you have put a smile on the faces of our staff.

Guest Relationss

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

When we walked into the lobby, refreshing candles were burning and filling the room with an amazing welcoming aroma. Check in was quick and all our requests were fulfilled with a smile. We were traveling with our dog and we were pleased that our room was so nice. Some places we’ve stayed gave us crappy rooms because we had our dog. Not here! Our room was clean and recently updated with a fireplace and king bed. Just to the north of the motel parking lot is a big open area for pets to run. The hotel even provides doggie doo bags at the entrance to the exercise area. We come to Taos every year and we will happily return here to stay next year!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Russ H, Guest Relations Manager at Taos Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We love our pets, so we know how important it is that our guests are able to bring their pets on their vacations. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly updated rooms. As you probably noticed, we are doing a lot of work at the hotel, so it will be your choice of places to stay while visiting Taos. So glad you will be returning next year, perhaps even sooner. Again, thank you for the review. It makes us all want to work harder to make it even nicer for our guests.