Quality Inn
El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
$160
$150
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
$139
Sagebrush Inn & Suites(Taos)(Great Value!)
$104
$149
Hampton.com
$155
Hotel La Fonda de Taos(Taos)(Great Value!)
$149
Travelocity
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

$199
  • Pool
$189
$158
$129
$189
All reviewsroom was cleanan older hotelcomplimentary breakfastfirst floorthe ground floorfront desk personsouthwestern stylethe breakfast areacoffee makernew mexicoyogurtmacmicrowavepetlodgingwalmartcourtyard
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The rooms were quiet, large, and well decorated. Fridge and micro were a bonus, as was the made-to-order breakfast: 4 choices including one that had 2 eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast, tea/coffee and oj.

They have the biggest pool I've ever seen at a motel, and a really nice GRASSY area with cafe type picnic tables that are shady in the morning and late afternoon. You get a lovely view of the mountains...I watched the sunrise over the Sangre de Cristo.

It's on the edge of town (if you're coming from Santa Fe), within walking distance of the Visitor Center. You have to drive into the historic district but there is plenty cheap and even free parking available down there...we never had trouble finding a spot even during peak hours.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TommyBear
Reviewed January 4, 2010

My options were limited, as I was traveling with my dog, but the Quality Inn did not disappoint. Free breakfast, free internet, free hot tub (perfect after a day of skiing!), and only a nominal pet fee. The room was comfortable, the food was good, and the service was great. They even accommodated my early check-in and late checkout requests. If I'm ever in the area again, I would definitely stay at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2010

Initial impression was average. Maintenance was very prompt to remedy a situation when sink flooded because the hotel was at full capacity and sewer had nowhere to go but in our room. Mgmt seemed a little bit insensitive about the inconvenience of us having to relocate to another room. We had a lot of ski equip etc. to move but the maint guys elped us to relocate. My son forgot a souveneir in the room and it disapeared after the room was cleaned. Food is ok with a good salad bar. Breakfast is a bargain. I'll look for another place for same price before I go here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2009

This hotel appears to by a "made-over" older Holiday Inn, as are many Quality Inns -- and it is better than other similar hotels in which we have stayed. Our room was clean, large and nicely decorated with shade trees and the swimming pool in a park-like setting right outside our door. The bedding, microwave, refrigerator and TV were newer.

The location is good -- not in the historic area, but closer than some of the newer hotels -- and the price was right.

A complimentary full breakfast was served in the dining room, but the service was a little slow. The food was served to us (not a buffet) and it was a veery good breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We had never been to Taos, so I just went with this hotel chain because it is familiar. Now that I know more about Taos, we would stay at a smaller, locally owned hotel closer to the center of town.

Pros:
Hot tub: large and hot.

Free breakfast pros: cooked-to-order breakfast, plenty of food, you get an insulated pot of coffee (see breakfast cons, too).

Wireless internet in room: available and it works.

Room decor: punched-tin mirror frames, tilework in vanity, and southwestern furniture added a lot to the hotel ambiance.

Cons:
Cleanliness: the carpet felt dirty underfoot, and there was a ceiling vent in the hot tub room that made me gag when I looked at it - covered in dirt/dust/mold.

Pool: completely unheated and about a foot low on water.

Vanity/bathroom: the door to the shower/toilet room opened out into the vanity area, leaving two options: either leave the door open and cover the closet nook in the vanity area (which is where we hung our toiletry bags because of zero counter space around the sink), or keep the door closed and the bathroom stays unpleasantly moist from showers (no fan).

Free breakfast cons: you must come down to breakfast as one group, so we couldn't take our daughter breakfast in the room (she slept in one morning and, thus, missed breakfast); the hash browns and eggs were fairly greasy; the waitresses were borderline rude with their brusqueness.

Location: far from the center of town, so you need to drive in and then deal with parking-in-town issues.

I would not recommend this hotel to a friend because there are many more "Taos-y" places to stay that would be nicer.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family