“OK for the price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Yes, it is a bit old. Yes, it is a bit dirty. Yes, it has seen it's better days. But, do you come to Taos to spend all your time in your room? Now for the positives: affordable, good location, pet-friendly (nice grass areas), great made to order breakfast with 4 options, free- wifi (works ok), free evening snacks in the bar (home-made soup, cheese and veggie tray). We actually had one of our dinners in the bar snacking on the food and drinking the cheap beers after a long day in the Rio Grande Gorge.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Initial appearances suggest you should stay elsewhere, as the property looks like an over-the-hill mediocre-at-best Quality Inn. But the owners are trying and, as noted in previous reviews, you get some extras that make this a very good value motel. The free evening bar snacks are appreciated, and the sit-down menu breakfast (described below) is a vast improvement over a typical Choice hotel breakfast bar.

The only downside is that, at the end of the day, the motel is old and shows some of its age. But the rooms are comfortable, albeit not deluxe. Our bathroom was also notably small in 1970s fashion. But, at the right price, I'd happily stay here over a snazzier motel that provided less value.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We picked the Quality In Taos for the price and because they are pet-friendly. As other reviewers have noted, the rooms are dated and the showerhead is about neck-high. But the beds were comfortable and the hotel was reasonably quiet.
They offer a complimentary breakfast every morning, and the options were eggs with hashbrowns and bacon, pancakes with bacon, french toast with bacon or cereal with toast and half a grapefruit. Breakfast includes coffee and juice.
They charge an additional $7 per night per pet, which seemed like a good price. There is a grassy area around the pool where you can take your dog out. The pool was closed when we were there, but the hot tub was open. We did not use it, but it was pretty large.
I paid $69 per night, and it was worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nobadkarma
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I chose this hotel because the price was very good for Taos. The hotel itself is a little dated but well maintained. The room was quiet, clean & the bed was comfortable. The early evening complimentary soup bar was a plus, better yet, the hot breakfast was an added bonus! We didn't have to spend extra on eating out. The hotel is centrally located and close to everything. I'll definitely keep this on my list the next time I vist.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We liked our stay at the Quality Inn. The bfast in the morning isn't your typical cereal, make your own waffles sort of place. It's actually sit down service, compliments of your stay. The internet isn't super fast, but with enough things to do aside from browsing the 'net, it didn't bother me too much.

We had a blast at the hotel bar. Can you believe you can get premium liquor for under $6? I paid $5.50 for Johnnie Walker Black Label on the rocks. I must say also that the Quesadilla was to die for! I was never expecting the food to be as good as it was, but it was the best New Mexican cuisine I've had on my trip thus far. In a hotel bar! Good job.

My only issue is that we had a harder time checking in than normal because the front desk workers seemed like they were "over it". It is a nightmare having to give them my rewards program numbers, because of some silly explanation about manager not granting permission... first time problems with Choice Rewards.

Be warned, the altitude is crazy. I had a hard time sleeping at first because of how high up we were on the mountain. And your breathing definitely changes from such a high elevation. Just an FYI for you sea level folks, like me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NYCGypsy0
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was great, service was great. Great location. Offered us a coupon for drinks, but we were unable to use them. The only complaint I have is the shower head is not made for tall people. Used the hot tub, that was nice. The hotel seems old and could use some updates. The hot tub area could use a paint job. And also why is it in hotels the towels are so small, they barely cover my behind.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jessica Y
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First time. This building is over 30 years old, but you can't tell it. Very well maintained. The staff was great. Breakfast was very good. Bed was comfortable. I would recommend this motel. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family