“VERY Nice!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Amarillo
“VERY Nice!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were very happy with our stay here. Nicely decorated clean rooms with big soft comfy beds and lots pillows!!! Breakfast was great, not your normal "motel" breakfast.....This was actually one of the less expensive places we could find in Taos. Only one problem: The pool was full of bugs....I understand outdoors pools aren't always the cleanest but this was way beyond anything I've ever seen in a pool....was a little disappointing, especially for my 4 year old!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank texaskids4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Basic hotel with Southwest style decor and furniture. Room was clean and comfortable.Our room had a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was excellent and all the staff was friendly and helpful. No problems with the WiFi. The hotel has a restaurant and we noticed that there are plenty of locals that eat there during breakfast and lunch. No elevators. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our stay at the Quality Inn was a last minute decision on leaving Denver Colo. on the way to Santa Fe. We quickly reviewed tripadvisor's comments and decided on the Quality Inn from the ratings given. It did not disappoint at all. The rooms were tastefully decorated, immaculate and comfortable beds. We had a full breakfast in the dining room included - with the only request was to leave a "tip" in the dining room. The lobby very picturesque with its south-western decor. A very pleasant stay.

west virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed one night here, for about $90 for a king bed room. That's a bit pricey - but then Taos just IS a bit pricey. There's plenty of parking, and the staff were helpful - I arrived way early for check-in, but they found me a room right away. Yes, it's a few minutes' drive from downtown Taos, but the drive is a straight shot and didn't bother me.

The furnishings of my spacious room were retro, but didn't seem old, and everything seemed quite clean except the room air conditioner. I had spilled some water on an item of clothing and held it in front of the AC to dry - it ended up with a piece of lint on it that I assume came from the AC vent.

My room included a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV, iron and ironing board. The fridge and microwave were spotlessly clean and worked well. There are a couple of supermarkets quite nearby, making it easy to eat cheaply.

Unlike other reviewers, I did not have a grand view from my 2nd floor window - it was behind a sign of some sort on the roof. But that didn't matter to me - I wasn't there for the view from the hotel. Be aware that there is no elevator.

The bed is comfortable, but as other reviewers have mentioned, they really need to invest in better pillows. I had no trouble with the WiFi here.

Breakfast - a choice of four hot entrees, with 4 oz orange juice and unlimited coffee - was excellent. The lobby was spacious, and I appreciated the fact that there was always fresh coffee available for free in the lobby. At check-in I was given a coupon for a discount on a drink at the bar, alcoholic or non, which I didn't use, and they told me there would be free soup in a certain period of time late afternoon/early evening. It was a hot day, and soup didn't really appeal, but that could be a nice thing, although it may simply be a way to draw folks into their restaurant.

Overall I found the retro-ness of this hotel to be charming, especially because it has a really spacious feeling. I would gladly come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank gdionelli
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed for two nights in early August. The motel is located not far from town and has ample parking. The room was a good size and had a door opening onto the pool
/garden area which also acted as a shortcut to the dining room. It was lovely to be able to have such easy access to the garden. The dining room is large and the breakfast excellent. We spent two weeks travelling around New Mexico and Colorado and this was by far the best breakfast!

The motel is a little dated but this was not a major issue for us. The girl on reception was helpful and gave us helpful advice on what to see in the area.

I would certainly recommend this motel and if I am lucky enough to be in the area again I would book again.

AUSTIN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I first chose this motel for the cost and it being dog friendly. The downside: it is south of the downtown square, it is an older property, internet slow, and there is no elevator. The upside: it is out of the traffic, it is quiet, the pool and hot tub are great, the rooms are large, the breakfast is INCLUDED - huge, hot, and perfectly cooked (not the breakfast bar we all accept, but a fresh restaurant style breakfast), there is soup, cheese and crackers, chips and salsa, fresh vegetables and ranch dressing, and popcorn every evening, friendly staff, room and bath clean, staff that are friendly and great with your pet, a full bar on property, and a great value to boot. Today we all accept the bad service and somewhat awful food as a matter of fact when we travel. I keep looking for the catch for all the pluses of this hotel... but if you look past the age of this property, it really is lodging the way it used to be back in the good old days.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs roon.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Bring your own pillows. The ones provided are the equivalent of dinner mints. They give you four per bed. I have never experienced anything like this. The bed was very comfy. And yes, the decor is outdated. The sink was maroon! The furniture in the room has been there since the 70's. The bathroom was wonderfully roomy. I bet those heat lamps located in there are very nice in the winter. The hot tub was roomy, and warm enough. We did not get in the pool, but it was large, and looked inviting. The breakfast was wonderful. My server was awesome. Considering that she surly must get stiffed a lot from the hotel patrons the service she gave me was like going to aunties home. She was nice enough to bring me 2% milk for my coffee, and asked me if I wanted raisins in my oatmeal. I then asked for cinnamon,too. Please remember to tip these folks. Just because the breakfast is free doesn't change the fact that gas is 3.50 a gallon, and everything else has skyrocketed,too because of it. I try to at least leave the equivalent of a gallon of gas when I run into a situation like this. But once I got down there it was a nice change. The locals were eating there, and I knew it must be good eats when the Fire Dept. showed up for their breakfast. I think the cost of the room was too high.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family