“This hotel deserves good rating! Family owned...”
Review of Days Inn Taos

Days Inn Taos
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Taos
New Mexico
“This hotel deserves good rating! Family owned...”
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I'm writing this review because my friend and I were at this hotel and were VERY pleased with the service, the cleanliness, the location and the value. I never give ANYPLACE a 5 star rating, because I've been to a perfect hotel. But this Days Inn is an easy 4 star for it's price, in ratio to what you get and to the service.
No one ask me or paid me to write this and I am in no way connected with Days Inn or the owners of this hotel in Taos...what I am, is a happy customer. I am someone that will not only recommend this hotel to fellow New Mexicans but I am someone that will go back to this hotel. I am considering a group event in the Taos area and would DEFINATELY use this hotel to accommodate my friends and family.
We arrived and found that the owner was there and knew exactly who I was when I walked in the front door. We were given a very CLEAN room, a bed that was VERY VERY comfortable and sheets that must have a big thread count, because they were clean, soft and a pleasure to sleep on. My pillows were fluffy and smelled VERY good, so I know they were not old and had been taken care of.
I will have to say that the bath was VERY clean, but the towels are small and not too soft...but I'd MUCH rather support a hotel that concentrates on bed conditions, rather than bath accessories. I can bring big cushy towels with me, but a comfortable clean bed at a hotel is worth it's weight in gold because you can't put one of those in your suitcase!!
The location is on the south end of Taos, with nice wide streets to pull out on...if you've been to Taos and driven the tiny streets and tight driving/parking conditions, you'll appreciate staying on the end of town that makes pulling onto the road care-free.
The family that owns and runs this hotel made us feel at ease and they a very well spoken couple. They live on-sight, so they are hands on with everything. If you need something, they are very accommodating. The continental breakfast is small, but they have everything you need to start the day off right. For those looking for strawberry waffles or biscuits & gravy for breakfast, go 2 miles up the road to Michael's Kitchen and still enjoy the nice night of sleep in Taos at this Days Inn.
Value?!? Go to the daysinn.com site and buy the rooms online...if you can pay in advance, there's a considerable discount off the price of the rooms.
I will be back and I thank this hotel for showing my friend from the East Coast a nice stay in Taos, NM...the Enchanted Circle was more pleasant with a nice hotel to go back to, after touring the backroads of New Mexico.

• Liked — The bed was MORE than average, and much less quality than any 3 Star hotels I've stayed in.
  • Disliked — The towels were small and rough...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Kathy A, Manager at Days Inn Taos, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We really appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
anarchy21
Reviewed January 2, 2008

So we really wanted to check out Taos and the pueblo so we decided to stay at this hotel since Days Inns are usually nice and this hotel was affordable compared to the rest of the hotels in this city. First of all, it's an OK hotel but not worth the price. The front desk staff ignored us for about 3 minutes while she was on the phone. Also our bathroom had stains all over it, even on the toilet. Lastly, the "breakfast" they advertised is basically 2 kinds of toast, one kind of cereal, and if you're lucky you can get a danish. It's not a bad hotel but I'm sure you could shell out $20 more and get something WAY nicer.

• Liked — Location, not crowded
  • Disliked — Breakfast, unclean bathrooms
  • Stayed December 2007
1 Thank anarchy21
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 28, 2007

Overall, I liked this place. The room was clean and in good condition. The king size bed was very comfortable. I did't hear any plumbing noise coming from the other rooms. As in any hotel, you will hear doors slamming because of inconsiderate guests. If you are going to use the free wireless internet, get a room near the office, as the only transmitter is located there. My room was all the way in the back and I hardly had a signal sometimes (keep in mind however, that rooms near the front will get more road noise from the highway). The air conditioner/heater filter in my room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year. I rinsed it out in the bathtub and all was fine. The breakfast was pretty lame, but at least it was available until 10 a.m. Two icky-sweet cereals, packaged pastries, and bread with a toaster were the choices. Some fresh fruit and maybe instant oatmeal would have been more welcome for me. I got a $43 per night rate on the internet, so it was overall a good value. I would probably stay there again if the price were the same.

• Liked — Nice clean room (except for air conditioner filter)
  • Disliked — Breakfast was just pathetic
  • Stayed April 2007
2 Thank maynard7
Boulder, CO.
Reviewed October 27, 2006

Having traveled through out the Southwest, I'm no stranger to the Taos and Santa Fe, area. There was a time when this place was a bargain, especially in "off season". Well, my little chickadees, first and foremost when driving into town, get the room first. don't wait until after 8:00pm and find a no vacancy sign. One night, I find that not only this Inn, is under new ownership, Prices for their rooms have shot up. Sure AAA and ARRP offer minimal discounts but in Taos look around you'll find a better deal.

• Liked — northern view
  • Disliked — front desk atitude
  • Tips/Secrets — look else where
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mtnrun

Travelers are raving about these Taos hotels

Parksville, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2006

This is a GREAT place to stay after a long drive from anywhere to beautiful Taos. The staff is knowledgeable about places to eat and places to go and the rooms are well kept and CLEAN. You can't go wrong with this place. And the price ($47) works also. With that, and a free continental breakfast, you can't go wrong!

• Liked — the staff
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Kapulanikai
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2005

Please understand before I write this that while my "excellent" rating for this hotel contrasts with my "Okay but some problems" rating for The Mirage in Las Vegas it is because to me and my family value and cleanliness far outdistance glitz and glamour. This hotel has large rooms with air conditioners and heaters that are noiseless and functional and a television that is both large and commands well over 60 crisp and clear channels. The hotel internet is superb and lightening fast for those of us that never really get a vacation away from work. Okay the towels and wash cloths are not Vegas quality but they are plentiful and the bathrooms are exceptionally clean. The manager and his family live on site and are always available to help with any question. Coffee is kept hot 24-hours a day in the lobby and even the windows open for fresh air ventilation if you decide to have a smoke in your room. Angel Fire and Taso ski facilities are about 10 miles away and every conceivable restaurant and shopping opportunity is within a five minute drive. The value here (I paid $45/Night) is exceptional and the quality is well above most every other hotel in town.

• Stayed December 2005
10 Thank pittston
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 5, 2005

In a nutshell all I've got to say is if you have to stay here, call them first and ask alot of questions. Ask them if they have any specials, their breakfast(Ha Ha), and the quality of their rooms (Another Ha Ha). I paid $78 through orbitz and I've got alot more for alot less from classer places. Trust me when I say shell out the extra 20,30,40 dollars for a nicer place. It's not a total dump don't get me wrong, but if you want your moneys worth stay somewhere else. Oh yea buy the way me and my wife both did'nt get a good nites sleep, I'd swear they took a piece of plywood and threw a sheet over it to make it look like a bed......NO JOKE that was the second worst bed I've ever slept on, the first was at a cabin in South West Oklahoma, but days inn was pretty close!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2005