“Not the best or worst”

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 7, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was at Taos for a day trip. Despite some bad reviews for this property, I decided to stay here and I am glad that I made that decision. The employes are really good, hardworking and very cooperative. Rooms were very clean and breakfast was also good for this mid range motel. I would definitely revisit this motel and recommend others to stay here as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed December 30, 2013

When we arrived, we were met by a young man who seemed the only one who spoke English well enough to communicate. We were given directions where to park and told our room was on the end. It was actually 1/2 way down the hall. The hallway had an odd odor, but the room smelled heavily of soap. The bed was firm, clean, and comfortable, but the view was of the neighbor's backyard and Wheeler Peak in the distance. The bathroom door had a huge gash in it as if it was punched or cut with an axe. The TV channels did not match the water-stained piece of paper that claimed to have the channels offered. The actual selection was far worse and made no sense. The toilet seat sat so low it felt like it was designed for a kindergarten classroom. The room had few towels (though they were clean), yet it offered plenty of seating and desk space in the bedroom. The worst part was that the next morning, my room key didn't work at 9 AM. I was packing the vehicle and couldn't get back into the room with the key. I went to the counter and was told it wouldn't work because I was checking out that day. DUH! But I still had 2 hours before checkout time and was unable to return to the room! After a delay, the boy reset the key so I could get back in and continue leaving. I would certainly hope this place gets a huge makeover or owner in the near future. I'd rather pay more for a nicer place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed November 21, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent G
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place has the worst customer service of any hotel I have ever experienced. We booked for 2 days for 2 rooms for a couples motorcycle trip. We cancelled two days before we were due to arrive because there was rain in the forecast everyday. (It turned out the be the week that Boulder Colorado flooded) They refused to refund any money, charging us in full for two rooms for 2 days! I've called countless times: half the time someone who barely speaks English answers the phone and hangs up, the other half someone who says she'll speak to the owner who has been out of the country for over a month now. We asked if we could use the booking to use next spring when the monsoons aren't affecting the weather, and we were told there would be no consideration. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, BOOK ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends