“You get what you pay for: cheap”
Review of Days Inn Taos

Days Inn Taos
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Let me start by saying that I am by no means a snob when it comes to hotels. I follow the rule that if I'm only going to sleep there, it doesn't need to be a five star resort. I chose this hotel because it's location was central to town, the price was super reasonable, and my husband and I really didn't plan on spending too much time there. The woman at the front desk was friendly when we checked in and even recommended a restaurant for dinner. When we got to the room, it was pretty run down. The peep hole on the door had a piece of tissue in the hole because the inside part had fallen off. The bathroom was small and the bathroom door had a crack through the WHOLE door. The comforter had cigarette burns on it and the sheets seemed to have what looked like knife holes in it. The little air conditioner had a note to not turn up the temp passed a certain number or it would freeze. We figured, OKAY NOT THE NICEST PLACE BUT WE'LL MANAGE. What really made me upset was the fact that we were getting ready to head out one day and some women came to our room and used a key to open the door! They were other guests. My assumption is that the person at the front desk gave them a key to our room. When we went to ask what happened, there was no one on site! I think the lady working up front had went and set herself up in a room and was watching tv and eating popcorn. When went to check out on Sunday morning, there was no one there. Only a basket on the counter that said KEYS. Now, I understand it's a cheaper hotel. But something has to be said about the customer service. No explanation as to why two other customers would have a key to my room. The place definitely needs a face lift, but the management needs some work too. If's fine for an overnight stay, but if you plan on staying more than one night, expect some drama or no service at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolejamay
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Taos

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Taos is a small city and can be done in a day. The Days Inn is located close to the village on a main road (where traffic is an issue). I paid about $60 for one night. Large, clean rooms. Excellent continental breakfast and free newspaper offered. The faucet in the sink had a problem whereby the full jet of water was partially blocked...but it was a minor problem...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Toribio L
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I came to this hotel and asked for one night. They booked me for three and charged me the
two additional nights. I had to sign papers at the bank and take my time out to dispute the charges. I called the hotel and Wyhham, but neither the owners of this hotel or wynham set this straight. Oh, did I mention that they said that I had to pay an extra 50$ EVEN BEFORE I CHECKED OUT FOR HOUSEKEEPING SERVICES. I STILL DI NOT GET MY MONEY BACK AFTER MANY ATTEMPTS WITH THE OWNER, AND WYNHAM.

If you want to get ripped off, go ahead book it. Stay at this motel. I have written several excellent reviews for truly excellent hotels. I am not a complainer. Until I'm robbed.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank janice520
Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Clean rooms, fast check-in, but no staff available for breakfast in the morning and very few options available when I got there about 15 minute before beakfast deadline!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo