“Fantastic!! Loved my stay at touchstone bed and breakfast in Taos. ”
Review of Touchstone Inn

Touchstone Inn
Ranked #20 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic!! Loved my stay at touchstone bed and breakfast in Taos. ”
Reviewed March 11, 2005

I always stay there when Im in Taos and the spa/massage is why I stay there the most. also the views from my room was beautiful of

I always stay a Touchstone Bed and Breakfast when in Taos. I did a workshop there last year and the participants were thrilled to experience the most beautiful view of Taos Mountain and the wonderful veg. breakfast.

I highly recommend staying at Touchstone B&B.

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
colorado
Reviewed January 3, 2005

We stayed over New Year's weekend and had a wonderful time. The room was nice, small but nice. Breakfast was EXCELLENT even if it was vegetarian. Innkeeper and the husband of the owner made our stay very enjoyable.

connecticut
Reviewed November 15, 2004

Several years ago, I made a reservation WAY in advance for a room at Touchstone. One week before we were to stay there I was told we could not have the room as they had a wedding party coming and needed the room. When I replied that this was very unacceptable, the owner replied that it was just too bad. Later a considerably more polite person working at the inn found us a room at a comparable B & B. Later in our trip in Utah we met a couple at breakfast who had a bad experience as well; their bathroom sink had a loud drip allowing them a terrible nights sleep. When asked if the sink could be fixed while they were out the next day, they came in to the fix, a bucket under the sink. HMMM, methinks one would think more than twice before ever booking a room there. A Veteran Traveler from the East Coast.

3 Thank paintgirl
WorldWatch, Owner at Touchstone Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2007
This person was not kicked out of Touchstone at the last minute - weddings are scheduled at least 60 days in advance. This person never stayed at Touchstone, but continues to register a false complaint years later.
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 22, 2003

I don't understand the negative review. When we stayed at the Touchstone, our experience was nothing short of perfect.

I love Taos, and like to visit as often as possible. This was my first stay at the Touchstone. From now on, that is where I will stay for every visit to Taos.

We were exhausted from a day of sightseeing at Bandalier NP (highly recommended), so we just wanted to relax when we arrived in Taos. Linda and her husband (can't remember his name, sorry) were excellent hosts and greeted us at the door. I was feeling pooped, and not in the mood for the tour. But as the tour went on I became more intrigued by the property. Lovely place.

Me and my lady decided to get a bottle of wine and just relax at the Touchstone that night. I played the grand piano in the living room, and Linda and her husband joined us for an evening of interesting conversation. They had some really good stories to tell.

Overall the grounds are really impressive. Incredible art on display throughout the building by the owner. Authentic southwestern ambiance.
Really clean. Backing the propery was the boundary to the Taos Indian Pueblo, so no buildings to block the view of the mountains in the distance. The room was clean and comfortable. Great soft bed and sheets. I liked the saddle mounted on the half-wall (oh, the possibilities ; )

In the morning, the vegetarian breakfast was satisfying, didn't miss meat at all. Linda made an awesome quiche!

All in all, it was an outstanding stay. There was nothing to complain about. But most of all, Linda and her husband's hospitality made the entire stay worth it.

3 Thank shniggens
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2002

We stayed at the Touchstone in orrder to relax. Service was far from good. Food was mediocre. Hospitality was completely missin. I would stay at the Super 8 before I'd stay here again!!!!
Don't waste you time or money like we did.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WorldWatch, Owner at Touchstone Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2007
This review is from 2002 - Many service people and Innkeepers have come and gone since this was written. Hopefully you will give us a chance to serve you in the future - we are sorry for the less that standard Touchstone experience this person had.