Where to start? We flew into Santa Fe and drove up to Taos in the dark, tired after a long day of travel. The directions to the guesthouse were very clear, so we had no trouble finding it. Tim (our host) happened to be outside and he warmly welcomed us with a short tour of the grounds before showing us our room. We were in the Taos Suite, which was as big as a studio apartment, with a king bed and a full kitchen. There was a lovely tiled bathroom with a shower, and a separate room with a claw foot bathtub. There was also an adobe fireplace, and Tim supplied us with wood for a nice fire every evening. With the warm window treatments, a cozy fire, and a very comfortable bed, we were able to relax and unwind after a hectic holiday season. Leslie and Tim made an amazing breakfast each day. It was really yummy, with fresh fruit, a different egg concoction every morning, muffins, oatmeal, or the best homemade granola I've ever tasted, all available for hungry guests. I had a miserable cold the entire time, but if I had to be miserable, this was the ideal place! We managed to see the Rio Grande gorge and bridge, drove the High Road to see amazing vistas, an old pueblo and churches, and found some great bargains in the Taos art shops. We also went up to Taos Ski Valley so my husband could ski. My cold kept me off the slopes, but I enjoyed watching the skiers while having hot tea and some chocolate at Chocolate Extreme, which was recommended by our hosts. Tim and Leslie have maps and suggestions for dining, activities or sightseeing, and they are happy to share their knowledge of all things Taos. If our travels ever take us back to NM, this is place we would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic 180 year old hacienda lovingly restored an a rise overlooking Taos. Only a 5 minute drive from the Taos Plaza. We are laid back, friendly & outdoor enthusiasts with extensive knowledge of the area. Situated on 7.5 acres with great sunset views & starlit hot tub. Beautiful suites & cozy rooms with hand carved doors, Mexican tile, fireplaces, skylights & homemade breakfasts. Families welcome &a pets allowed in certain rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Old Taos Guesthouse B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Taos Guesthouse Hotel Taos
- Old Taos Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast