“Heaven on Earth”

Ranked #9 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
dallas
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I had the pleasure of going to the wonderful B&B. The location to the plaza in Taos was perfect for a nice walk to and from the B&B. The staff was amazing and did everything that could be done to make you feel at home. The fireplace in my room was just what I needed at night to help me fall asleep. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic. I have recommended this place to everyone I know. I will definitely be back. Thank you, Brad and Michael for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
801 Cuesta del Norte, Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed November 24, 2009

This was our 4th time staying at the B&B and we'll be going back again. Brad is a wonderful host and the proximity to the plaza, the wonderful breakfast and just everything in general will have us returning.
We've stayed at other B&Bs inn Taos but this one keeps us smiling.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
SF Bay Area
Reviewed October 10, 2009

Staying at La Posada de Taos was truly a pleasure. The location is superb, and the B&B itself is beautiful and well laid out (as well as very well run). I stayed in Lino, which is a lovely room in the original adobe. Brad and Michael are fantastic hosts (and the owner Sandy dropped in for a visit too). I found the room very private when I wanted privacy, but the central areas (especially when they inaugurated the fireplace for the year) were very amenable to socializing with everyone else, and that was really nice too. A high point was the day after the Taos Pueblo Feast Day of San Geronimo (an unmissable event in itself). Brad arranged for a Taos Pueblo resident/artist to come talk to us about that day, and the pueblo in general. That was a real treat. Every year I spend a few weeks traveling on my own to explore different areas. This has been my favorite B&B so far.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My friend and I needed a reasonably priced location close to Kit Carson Park and the Plaza. This B & B was not only located in a nearby yet quiet location, but it was also a fabulous destination on it's own. Our room was beautiful, as were all of the common rooms and outdoor areas. The food was delicious, and the management and owner were very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this B & B and would return with no hesitation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Chazunit
Paso Robles, CA
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Two nights were not enough! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back again. Located in a historic adobe building, La Posada offers a comfortable and convenient base from which to explore Taos and nearby areas. Close walking distance to the Taos Plaza and restaurants. Very well appointed rooms, with comfortable common areas that offer a wealth of books, games, music, etc. Outstanding breakfasts (perhaps the best fresh-baked biscuits that we have ever had). The Innkeepers were also very helpful in terms of tips on what to see and do. Wi-Fi was also a nice plus. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Md
Reviewed September 24, 2009

It's really 4 and a half stars but they dont have halves.
The location is great, the property serene and quiet and the rooms
immaculately clean. I can vouch that they use the same upscale toiletries
and linens that a particular $800.00 a night property in Santa Fe uses. I had
the La Casita which is its own free standing building complete with small sitting room,
separate bedroom, patio, and jacuzzi tub which came in handy after several hours
on horseback!

Breakfasts were varied and an absolute delight, Michael clearly has a gift in the kitchen and he generously shares that with you each morning.

The inn enjoys a well deserved reputation and seems to attract a very nice group of travelers as well. Lots of common areas both inside and out and an array of DVD's, books, games etc are found throughout. Soda, water and a nice afternoon cheese and wine are nice touches.

Taos is a friendly place and I got lots of great suggestions from locals on where to eat, directions, what to see etc... I can highly recommend having at least one meal at Lamberts while you're in town.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Albuquerque
Reviewed September 11, 2009

My family decided to take a long weekend trip and spend Labor Day in beautiful Taos in order to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Kit Carson. What an amazing experience we had with Brad and Michael at the La Posada! First, the facilities are second to none and the grounds were warm and inviting. We were made to feel very welcome and right away my family felt right at home. There was plenty of room for our kids to stretch out in the back yard and a very convenient area to park our vehicle. Walking distance to the square and great dining, an evening around the fire pit, and stories of the facility and how it came to be were just a few of the things that we enjoyed the most. Michael even went out of his way to prepare special breakfast plates for our twins so that they too enjoyed their mornings. If you have discerning taste and want to enjoy the very best of service, history and quality you must give the La Posada a chance. Brad and Michael we look forward to staying with you again very soon!

Nate