“Best in Town”

La Posada de Taos B&B
Ranked #11 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Its hard to know where to start. Everything about this stay was absolutely first rate, from the building itself to the food to the staff it all combined to make this the best atmosphere and most enjoyable of any bed and breakfast experience I have had. First, the building is a restored hacienda style traditional New Mexican residence just a block off the square with great, well-appointed rooms and inviting public spaces. Some of the rooms/suites are very large, a big advantage over some places I've stayed that try to cram guests in broom closets relabeled rooms. The staff is knowledgable about area sights and helpful in arranging visits to them. The food is far, far better than most B&Bs I've stayed in recently, and I was not suprised later on to see the cooking raved about in other magazines and newspaper reviews. In the words of my teen-aged son "the breakfast spread was pretty ( --------)." High praise from a usually non-communicative youngster. Many times I've stayed in B&Bs I've felt like I was intruding in someone else's house and can't wait to flee the joint to go out. Here I found myself lingering in the main room, reading the paper, talking and joking with the two gentlemen who run the establishment, admiring the art work(the chef is a well known local artist) - RELAXING! I could not have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed March 22, 2009

Wow, where do I start? Um... beautiful rustic rooms with cozy fire place, and colorful southwest decor, it is as if you've been transported into the most tranquil ambiance upon entering the premises. Then there's breakfast. Michael can make the most well-rounded, freshly scrumptious, "fabulicious" first meal of the day you'll find from a B&B. The view of the mountains, the location of La Posada being a skip and a hop from the Plaza, the warm and family oriented service from the friendly staff makes La Posada de Taos THE B&B of choice. Thank you Michael and Brad!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2009

My friend, Linh , and I arrived in time to get in a day of skiing on the Taos Ski Valley slopes. Brad and Michael, the wonderful innkeepers, gave us a warm welcome and we enjoyed meeting the other guests while we stayed there two nights.
The food was scrumptious while being healthy and fresh. We couldn't have asked for better accomodations.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Wow. I have been attending professional meetings and had several family vacations in Taos for the last 25 years, and this is hands down the nicest place I have ever stayed. A pleasant walk every morning to the convention center. Everything was warm and inviting, the patio outside my room (Lino) was sunny every afternoon, and the two inkeepers (Brad and Michael) were just downright hospitable. THe common areas - living room and kitchen/dining area were spacious and inviting. I happened to be one of the co-organizers for this particular professional meeting, and held a wine and cheese reception at the Inn that was a smashing success - catered and handled by a chef that MIchael and Brad know (her name is Rochelle, last name escapes me right now). I can't say enough good things about this place - if you are attending a meeting at the Taos convention center I highly recommend it. I would add that I have also stayed for family vacations at other places in the Taos region, and if I return for a vacation trip, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2009

That's for sure - whenever I'm back in Taos I'm staying here and nowhere else. A wonderful place; warmly welcoming people, pretty and relaxing courtyard, lovely rooms with our very own log fire and fresh baking for breakfast. I was working but the charm of the place was such that I left feeling I'd been on holiday.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Bargee56
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Great location near the plaza, wonderful breakfast, charming and knowledgable hosts, spotless accommodations, and a great vibe. And the granola is to die for.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank Supermommy11
Reviewed February 14, 2009

My travel experience has taken me all over the world,and to many hotels as well as Inns.La Posada de Taos takes the cake, hands down! The Inn has an ambiance of old 19th Century New Mexico. The rooms are made comfortable with appointments characteristic of an adobe resident setting. The kiva fireplace in the room I occupied, was a wonderful addition. I made great use of it.! Brad Malone , the Innkeeper, is warm and welcoming and shares his knowledge of the history of the Inn ,as well as that of Taos itself. Each morning, Micheal Carter, the resident chef, prepared a breakfast that makes your tastes buds dance!I I especially enjoyed the fresh cinnamon rolls prepared from scratch. Yum! ,Being within walking distance to the galleries, museums,restaurants and shops in Taos, made its location a walkers paradise. During my stay, both Brad and Micheal did all they could to make my stay everything I could ask for and more. So, if you want to give yourself a memorable gift, spend some time at La Posada de Taos, a true oasis in the desert! Carol Wood

2  Thank pashhoshst