“Refreshing ambiance with a splash of good company”

La Posada de Taos B&B
Ranked #10 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2009

My friend, Linh , and I arrived in time to get in a day of skiing on the Taos Ski Valley slopes. Brad and Michael, the wonderful innkeepers, gave us a warm welcome and we enjoyed meeting the other guests while we stayed there two nights.
The food was scrumptious while being healthy and fresh. We couldn't have asked for better accomodations.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for La Posada de Taos B&B

Reviewed March 11, 2009

Wow. I have been attending professional meetings and had several family vacations in Taos for the last 25 years, and this is hands down the nicest place I have ever stayed. A pleasant walk every morning to the convention center. Everything was warm and inviting, the patio outside my room (Lino) was sunny every afternoon, and the two inkeepers (Brad and Michael) were just downright hospitable. THe common areas - living room and kitchen/dining area were spacious and inviting. I happened to be one of the co-organizers for this particular professional meeting, and held a wine and cheese reception at the Inn that was a smashing success - catered and handled by a chef that MIchael and Brad know (her name is Rochelle, last name escapes me right now). I can't say enough good things about this place - if you are attending a meeting at the Taos convention center I highly recommend it. I would add that I have also stayed for family vacations at other places in the Taos region, and if I return for a vacation trip, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2009

That's for sure - whenever I'm back in Taos I'm staying here and nowhere else. A wonderful place; warmly welcoming people, pretty and relaxing courtyard, lovely rooms with our very own log fire and fresh baking for breakfast. I was working but the charm of the place was such that I left feeling I'd been on holiday.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Bargee56
Reviewed February 28, 2009

Great location near the plaza, wonderful breakfast, charming and knowledgable hosts, spotless accommodations, and a great vibe. And the granola is to die for.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank Supermommy11
Reviewed February 14, 2009

My travel experience has taken me all over the world,and to many hotels as well as Inns.La Posada de Taos takes the cake, hands down! The Inn has an ambiance of old 19th Century New Mexico. The rooms are made comfortable with appointments characteristic of an adobe resident setting. The kiva fireplace in the room I occupied, was a wonderful addition. I made great use of it.! Brad Malone , the Innkeeper, is warm and welcoming and shares his knowledge of the history of the Inn ,as well as that of Taos itself. Each morning, Micheal Carter, the resident chef, prepared a breakfast that makes your tastes buds dance!I I especially enjoyed the fresh cinnamon rolls prepared from scratch. Yum! ,Being within walking distance to the galleries, museums,restaurants and shops in Taos, made its location a walkers paradise. During my stay, both Brad and Micheal did all they could to make my stay everything I could ask for and more. So, if you want to give yourself a memorable gift, spend some time at La Posada de Taos, a true oasis in the desert! Carol Wood

2  Thank pashhoshst
Reviewed January 21, 2009

WOW! We had such an extraordinarily wonderful early-January 2009 stay at La Posada de Taos.

This place is absolutely GORGEOUS (the website photos only hint at how great it is!) and the innkeepers, Brad & Michael are so warm & accomodating. It was a pleasure visiting with them over Michael's delicious breakfast each morning. We were made to feel very much at home.

We had the Beutler Room for 4 nights and found it to be spacious, lovely and comfortable. The private, outside access to this room was convenient.

There will be no question as to where we stay in Taos next time. This is it!

PS - Brad, you won't recognize me by my TripAdvisor name, but my hint to you to ID me is "Mr. Carrot." Thanks, again, for a lovely time & superior service.

Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank LaurenTraveler
LaPosadadeTaos, Innkeeper -- Manager at La Posada de Taos B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2009

We are so grateful for the many wonderful reviews posted to TripAdvisor.com by those who have recently visited us. It's always a pleasure helping our guests take life-long memories away from La Posada and this incredible place known as Taos. We'll always strive to make everyone's experience special in a one-of-a-kind way. Thanks!

Reviewed January 5, 2009

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights here and loved every second of it! It was so warm and cozy, perfect for a relaxing getaway. The location is ideal, within a 5 minute walk to the main Taos Plaza and great restaurants and a close drive to the Taos ski valley. Brad and Michael were amazing hosts and the breakfast every morning was delicious. They definitely go above and beyond to make sure every guest is taken care of. We will hopefully be able to make it back there soon!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank crlep