“What a relief.”

La Posada de Taos B&B
Ranked #9 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
“What a relief.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Brad and Michael were phenomenal. Such great guys. It was quiet and comfortable, but did not retain the retirement home feel that my other experiences with bed and breakfasts taught me to expect. Super cool vibe. Thanks, guys!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank ccmcbride

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Atlanta
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Five Star adjectives abound (and rightfully so) in the countless reviews extolling this confidently unpretentious B&B. So much praise, in fact, that during my westward flight I tried unsuccessfully to imagine what could possibly be so unusual about this Inn that it totally captivates its guests, apparently challenging them to discover its essence for themselves! An odd QUESTION perhaps, but the ANSWER that came for me was not only simple but humbling as well.

In small memorable increments my four days at La Posada emerged bringing much-needed solace at this time in my life. My first view of the Inn revealed a quiet structure with glowing presence in the afternoon light. Already the magic was there. From the other side of the door appeared a smile that crinkled in Associate Innkeeper Rochelle's eyes and enveloped this tired traveler in a vibrant but contained energy that was instantly compatible with mine. And thus the magic was grounded -- the beginning of an unforgettable B&B experience. The kind welcome of Innkeepers Brad and Michael easily enhanced an ambiance unlike any I remembered -- perfect fires appeared in my chiminea each night, beautifully prepared breakfasts awaited congenial guests and amiable conversations -- and in between those warm moments there was a solitude infused with peace. During those days I grew to understand that the unusual energy many guests encounter there is more fully FELT than DESCRIBED, though it seems to beg for the words! Like a unique life force, the energy of Taos that dwells at La Posada is its own "experience." I felt gifted by the realization that giving voice to it is NOT important -- but LIVING it IS!

My unanticipated Taos education received generous closure on the last morning of my stay when I was honored at breakfast by Innkeeper Brad's thoughtful and articulate company . Over perfectly poached eggs, simply presented by Innkeeper/Chef Michael with his ever-elegant signature homemade touches, Brad indulged my curiosity. Being no stranger to the art of word-painting , he spoke of La Posada's 'inner spirit' that inhabits the space so fully that he and Michael have become ONE with it. His words were eloquent, and no effort is made here to quote anything other than what my own heart heard: "We want our guests to FEEL the energy that IS Taos, to absorb the essence so fully that part of it goes with them when they leave."

I may have brought home more than my share. Thank you Brad, Michael & dear Rochelle

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank MazurkaAtlanta
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a fantastic time! The location is great, the home is beautiful and the hospitality was superb. The "skiers' breakfast" set us up for a great day on the mountain. Our room was spacious and had a very nice wood burning fireplace in it. The bed was very comfortable. Taos is one of our favorite destinations and we just found a new place to make our "home" while there. We'll definitely return, hopefully very soon

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank david l
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Originally on our way to Santa Fe, we re-routed due to weather and ended up in Taos. So happy to find a little in-town oasis for three, including our dog Story. The hosts were more than welcoming and the Casa provided for a warm and cozy getaway weekend. Also, the breakfasts were fresh and tasty! Til next time.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank dresdemona
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We are repeat visitors to La Posada. This is the second year we spent Thanksgiving at the B & B.
Brad and Michael are great hosts, the house is very welcoming, and breakfasts are great! Meeting other guests over breakfast is an adventure in itself.
We stayed in El Solecito, a very comfortable but roomy room which gets the morning sun.
Another attraction of La Posada de Taos is that it is walking distance from the plaza and many restaurants and shops.
We will be back!

Room Tip: For a winter stay the rooms in the original part are best (El Solecito, Lino and Beutler). Lino is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nichol_11
Mansfield, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Beautiful house, very nice people, gourmet southwestern style breakfast, two blocks off the Plaza, and all in a magical retreat like Taos - what's not to like. There are few better places in the world to rest, relax, and recharge. Of course if you like to ski, shop, fish, hike, site see, or eat, there aren't many places better for these things either. I could not recommend a place more highly.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have seen are very nice. However, this time we stayed in the little house across the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Michael and Brad created a perfect Taos Christmas for me, my wife and our friends. A special invitation to the pueblo's Christmas eve ceremony and an amazing evening buffet (sugar plums?) left us ready to be nestled snug in our beds! Add in Christmas eve snowfall for a white Christmas and great skiing--you have a perfect Taos Christmas.

Room Tip: El Solecito is nice and roomy with a kiva fireplace.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends