Hacienda del Sol
Ranked #4 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2010

My 7 year old son and myself (along with the dog) decided on a last minute mini vacation to Taos. I have never been and was hesitant on booking something online. I scheduled a horseback ride but just couldn't decide on where to stay. I had to find something dog friendly and Hacienda del Sol had a link on the horseback riding website. I called and was thrilled to hear they allowed dogs. Margot was "inn sitting" and was so friendly and helpful I wanted to stay immediately! They had a discount on their website for last minute bookings and that was also a bonus! Since we only stayed one night it would have been nice to have an earlier check in besides 4pm but that is only because we wanted to stay longer! Margot had fresh cookies in the kitchen waiting for us because she knew I was bringing my son, she gave us a tour and told us to help ourselves which made it feel instantly like home. The decor, the views, the linens, the beds, the food-it was ALL spectacular! They even gave us a few pieces of bacon after breakfast for the dog. Hacienda del Sol is definitely on my list of places to stay again and I would recommend it to everyone-as a matter of fact I already have! Thank you for making this single mom with a child and a pet feel special and welcome!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Great service. Really went out of their way to accommodate us. Our infant son was traveling with us and even though it is more of a couples retreat . . . They were excited to have us. When he became ill one evening, they were very accommodating and helpful. Best place in New Mexico to see fall foliage, We wouldn't miss it!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My 23 year old daughter and I planned a vacation together in Santa Fe and Taos. Could have easily stayed 4 nights in Santa Fe and 2 nights at the Hacienda del Sol instead of one. When we arrived, the innkeeper's friend, who was in command welcomed us. I asked if they had a glass of wine because we were tired and wanted to sit in the courtyard and relax before the sun went down as it was a lovely late Oct. day. The inn does not have wine, but she gave me a glass of her own! The rooms are charming and colorful and I recommend one that opens to the courtyard. Our room was least expensive, so was small. In fact, bathroom was tight but adequate for only one night. The Love Apple, a 2 minute walk for dinner, is not to be missed. Breakfast was delicious and there was a choice of two hot entrees. This inn is not on the plaza in Taos, but minutes away by car or a 10 minute walk and close to Rio Grande Bridge and working Pueblo de Taos which we would have gone to if we had had another day. if you are interested in those \sightseeing attractions. I would go back to the Hacienda del Sol again and may with my husband, the next time. By the way,. Margo, our hostess was very knowledgable of area and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Historic hacienda with a lot of charm, delightful hosts...5 star breakfasts! Rooms open onto a grassy courtyard, which looks out onto nearby mountains within the Pueblo reservation that abutts the property...dog friendly, also...A great spot!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My sister and I went to Hacienda del Sol at the end of October and found it to be the most inviting, beautiful place we have ever stayed. I was reluctant when I read all the reviews touting the romantic aspects of the B & B, but we were so warmly greeted and cared for that I can't say enough about the atmosphere and how welcoming the Proprietress (sp?), Margot (sp?), was to us. The hot tub under the stars was too cool for words! Will make a yearly trek of this. We left too early to partake of the Breakfast, but can't wait until next year to try it.
Barb and Carrie Stewart

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed November 1, 2010

What a blessing it was to have made reservations here! We were on a combination business/leisure trip and had a very long day when we finally checked into Mable's Room. Cannot say enough about our stay. Everyone at the Inn was wonderful and very helpful. My companion had lived in Taos prior to our visit so had a good knowledge of the area but we learned more history about the inn and its people which we really enjoyed. Wish we had more time to just relax at the inn but we will be back! You will not go wrong booking a stay here.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed at Hacienda del Sol as a location to be married. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed, the room was immaculate and the food was terrific. The added arrangements for our wedding were above expectations and everything we wanted was provided in the most professional and friendly manner. The room was very spacious but had a cozy atmpsphere. The staff were exceptionally friendly and very professional in meeting expectations. All of the details were provided for us, and we didn't need to ask for anything.
Our guests were amazed and agreed this was a great find. Hacienda del Sol is a wonderful place to stay, provides a very relaxed and romantic atmosphere, and is a terrific value. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family