“Taos B&B gem”

Ranked #7 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Broomfield, CO
“Taos B&B gem”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We loved the location of Casa de las Chimeneas, the room was exquisite, with a delightful breakfast each morning. The walk to the center of town was only minutes. This B&B is nestled in a beautiful residential neighborhood with tall trees and quaint homes near by. Our room had a steam shower, king bed, wet bar, whirlpool tub, and was overall a gorgeous well decorated room. We had a couples massage in our room which was heavenly. The entire B&B felt of quality and the staff made us feel extra special for being there. We toured the other rooms and thought they were all beautiful. We will certainly be back. Our new favorite place in Taos!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Oh. My. Gawd. We had the most wonderful stay in the Territorial Room this past weekend, and look forward to visiting again… maybe the Rio Grande Room next time?

Thank you and your staff SO VERY MUCH… for the friendliness, hospitality, and amazing service. It was a wonderful feeling knowing we can relax in the quiet, but also have the option of picking up the phone to ask for help – breakfast in bed?? WOW… dinner reservation help? AWESOME… Finding a massage therapist at the last minute? DONE!

The breakfasts were delicious, the room romantic, beautiful and relaxing...
It was … a fabulous time! The room was a most pleasant surprise (the photos online don’t do it justice) – large, bright, tall, tall ceilings, beautiful bathroom… just perfect!

We can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at this B&B in the Library Suite for his birthday weekend. This was my second time to stay there. Our room was very nice, quiet, large and clean. The bathroom was awesome!! Staff was polite and efficient, but not overly warm or friendly, as previous reviewers enjoyed and when we left, they just didn't seem to genuinely appreciate us having stayed there - not even a "Please come back!!!" The hot tub was out of order. We had breakfast delivered to our room both mornings. Food was good, but not great and their are few options, if you do not want the prepared menu. I could not even get any fresh fruit. We did not eat the evening meal either night. My daughter and I stayed in the Garden Room summer of 2009 and even though it was smaller, it had more appeal to me. We had great dinners at Graham's Grille (love the husband/wife team and personal attention) and Lambert's (very busy, a little slow going when we arrived with reservations at 8, but the food was excellent; we did move to a quieter table in a corner) and lunch at Dragonfly Cafe (don't miss their great sweets and pastries). Also want to mention a new restaurant (used to be Ogilvie's) called The Gorge, on the Plaza. While we did not eat there, the menu looked good. We did have drinks twice and liked the ambiance. The Old School margarita was fabulous and the bartender most friendly!!!! We go to Taos once or twice a year. I feel we would try las Chimeneas again, but may choose a different room next time........

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gidget1231
raleigh
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We cannot more highly applaud Susan, Brian, Alice - and everyone else - for the first class service they delivered on our two night stay here. The breakfasts were divine, and light dinners were more than filling. Bonuses: free juices/water in refrigerator, and a free laundry room/free WIFI. Impeccably clean/well kept inn that will not disappoint even the most discriminating traveler!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Canadian, Tx
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This is our second year in a row to stay here. We always go to Taos on family ski trip and stay at Casa. We usually actually ski at Sipapu. The rooms at Casa are so wonderful and clean and comfortable and the breakfast is delicious. They serve a light dinner in the evening that is usually enough for me but the boys always walk to McDonalds for a little more grub. The people are so welcoming and accomodating. You won't be disappointed!

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
SouthWest
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I've debated writing this review because the housekeeper, grounds and room were nice. However, I think I'd appreciate it if someone were to fill me in on the experience we had. Although the web site stated, "Food is given serious consideration at Casa de las Chimeneas" with a beautiful photo showcasing beautiful food...that was not the case. When I stay at a nice, expensive B&B I expect truth in advertising - I expect nice food, otherwise, why not save your money and stay at a more reasonably priced hotel and then splurge on nice dining out? In fact, that is what I recommend, pass on this place until they return to what was once (I assume) a wonderful B&B experience. Canned fruit, scrambled eggs and bacon - I can do at home. Soup - I can make at home. Oatmeal bars - easy, peasy! My advice to the inn: Get back to fancier B&B fare: quiche, well-thought desserts, fresh fruit and a few nice h'orderves - or drop your prices and your guests' expectations. The food doesn't need to be ultra fancy, but it does need to have a degree of thought and care. The property really is beautiful and the rooms well-kept, it just feels like someone's heart isn't in it anymore.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Blueskyandsunshine
rolandkirk
Reviewed January 1, 2010

Our second time there and very disappointed this time. Place seems to be coasting on past reputation.
Went for ski trip with family and very disappointed with food and service. Especially considering the premium peak season rate. Fireplace in lobby was never lighted, toiletries were not re-stocked and light super was a joke.
Worst part was coming back from skiing and finding nothing but mashed potatoes left for super. We were on time, but chicken and vegetables were all gone. Manager's lame response was to heat up three frozen Banquet chicken nuggets. Whole family left hungry.
Rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable, and breakfast is good, but overall not worth the price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family