“Wonderful Olde Inn”

and 1 more site!
Casa Benavides Historic Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Owners Tom and Barbara are great people and try to make everyone comfortable. Rooms are well maintained, clean, and quiet. The best and biggest breakfasts I have had anywhere. Great afternoon tea if you are around. Walking distance to main square. Staff is very helpful. We look forward to many returns.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Casa Benavides Historic Inn

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Awesome little b&b friendly staff great breakfast. Had a couple of issues in room heat was on when arrived and tv remote wasn't working but both were dealt with by the staff. Wifi only in lobby, parking a little away from room. Very quaint and lovely

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Making the reservations was easy and the staff was very helpful to get me the room I needed. The property overall is outstanding, it is very well maintained and you really know you're in Taos. The afternoon tea and desserts is a great idea and we loved it. The breakfast was excellent, it did get crowded though and we had to wait for about 15 minutes so if you get there late be ready for that. The food is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank keith b
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed just one night in June in the Chimayo room. The property itself is lovely. Everything I love about Southwest homes. From the outside to the lovely interiors with the tiles and artwork. I confess though that I was slightly disappointed by our room. I had booked the cheapest room though to try and save some pennies on our road trip, so maybe that is my expectations being too high! The room was accessible via a corridor from the outside veranda. It was small and dark. A view of the neighbours yard. At first the AC didn't work and there was no lightbulb in the closet. The bathroom was tiny with nowhere to put your things so our wash bags went on the floor. We didn't mind too much though as we were only staying one night and it was all about the location.

We were invited to have afternoon tea but we went to explore instead. The plaza is a short walk of about 5 minutes. Many bars and restaurants to choose from and there was live music when we were there- I think this is every Thursday in summer. Worth going to with a great atmosphere.

The breakfast was immense! The dining room where it is held is gorgeous and I want a kitchen like theirs! The ladies serving the breakfast were nice too. We were offered so many things. Home made sticky granola, yoghurt, peaches, muffins, juice, then a cooked breakfast (!). We had the Mexican offering of a large, no huge, slab of a kind of omelette with green chile. Tasty but way too much for breakfast! I could have eaten it for dinner!

Would recommend based on location but not our room. From the website there are many nicer rooms on offer.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EssJayWhy
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel was comfortable, quaint and in a great location. Breakfast was good but it was the 2 lovely ladies that made homemade muffins that made the experience at breakfast so marvellous. Service and staff were great, it was quiet, the bed was comfy and the ambling property was wonderful.

I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eljayVancouver_BC
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I can confidently give the inn the title of the very best in Taos, because it was the best accommodations I have ever experienced in all of my travels ....for multiple reasons. To begin with, one feels as if they were living in an exquisite New Mexican estate, surrounded by antiques and stunning paintings. However, the charming décor is exceeded by the spectacular service by the owners and staff who treated us all with such concern and care, we felt as if we were each personal guests.. It wasn't an easy thing to do as we numbered 24 in our art workshop. The location couldn't have been better..easy walking distance to the plaza, art galleries, and restaurants. We stayed a week and we all wish it could have been longer. I highly recommend the inn for groups and of course individual stays. You won't find a better place or better hosts..

Room Tip: One of the charms of the inn is the individualized décor of each of their rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dorothy_Sarasota
Reviewed June 24, 2013

No other B&B in Taos can top this place per dollar spent. The staff has obviously been trained to be attentive to the smallest detail whether it be a minor inconvenience in the middle of the night to the splendid breafast served with the apparently healthiest options in mind, to the mattresses and comforters in all their rooms (I have stayed in four different ones). I pan to return next summer and possibly earlier perhaps even for Christmas if I retire sooner than planned. The fact that this B&B has kept prices reasonable are a testament to the owners philosophy who obviously place service before profit.

Room Tip: There are no bad choices
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family