All reviews granola homemade muffins blue lady mesa verde booked for next year carrot cake chimayo room lemon bars french toast tortillas egg dishes cookies kit carson road place to stay bed and breakfast chilli within walking distance
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We recently spent a few nights at this Historic Inn in the San Tomas room and very much enjoyed our stay. The inn is located just two blocks from the main plaza and within a short walking distance to the shops on Bent Street, so we only needed our car to explore the many shops in neighboring Prado. We found our room to be quite large, comfortable and beautifully decorated with authentic furnishings and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ample and included a choice of mexican eggs (red or green chile) or french toast in addition to muffins, pastries, fruit, cereal and the usual extras. All in all, we were more than pleased with all aspects of our stay and plan to return to this beautiful inn on our next trip to Taos. Oh, one small complaint. I would like to see the owners do this gorgeous room justice by replacing the chintzy curtains with something more fitting.

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My cousin and I were visiting various places in New Mexico, and we were staying at a lovely B & B in Santa Fe. (That is another story.) One morning, we talked with a couple who recommended Casa Benavides when they found out that we were going to Taos. They said that it was easy to find, and the food was wonderful! We called and made reservations, and our stay there became one of the nicest parts of our trip. Tom and Barbara McCarthy, the owners, were wonderful hosts, and we had a great time! We needed two beds, so we stayed in John's room which is attached to their home, a couple of doors down and an easy walk from the inn. There was a private entrance and space for parking. Our room was huge, and the beds were comfortable. We had a lovely fireplace and a tiled bathroom with a tub/shower combination. The rug between the beds was magnificant, and the pictures on the wall were historic. Although there was a lot to do in Taos, we made certain that we were available for the breakfast and afternoon tea. The food was plentiful, delicious, and homemade. We can't thank the couple from Detroit enough for their recommendation, and we hope to return to the inn the next time we are in Taos.

Date of stay: May 2011
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My wife and I had a very nice stay just after Christmas. The room was "cowboy rustic" and very comfortable. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful. All of the staff were friendly and very accomodating. The Inn is very close to the plaza and restuarants.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Casa Benvides on Kit Carson Road is a wonderful place that is off the radar. We drove up to Taos, parked the car in their parking lot and didn't have to use it for the rest of our stay. Walked to the plaza, restaurants and to transportation to the mountain. The rooms are charming, the breakfast is great and afternoon tea is a delightful sweet break. Lots of art and antiques. This place is genuine. The owners are present and helpful. The prices are reasonable and they have a variety of accommodations: suites to small rooms. We chose two small rooms for our family.

Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Recently went to Taos for a mini vacation. I had not been there in over 40 years it was nice to get back and to see how much it had changed. As for my stay, it was my first time ever in a B&B what an awesome experience. I would have to say, I would do it again in a heart beat. The only hickup wasthat the power was out when my friends and I arrived, this was due to the high winds in the area; other than that it was wonderful, every one of the staff were very attentive. The breakfast was very tasty and of course every afternoon the had tea and baked goods for those travelers who have a insatiable sweet tooth. If and when I'm in Taos again I will definately stay here!

Date of stay: October 2010