“THIS GUY DESERVES A NOBEL PRIZE”

Wild Earth Llama Adventures
Ranked #1 of 19 Outdoor Activities in Taos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Llama Trekking Adventures in New Mexico's Pristine Wilderness! "Take a Llama to Lunch!" Wilderness Day Hikes Multi-Day Wilderness Adventures Custom Wilderness Events What's Llama Trekking? Llama Trekking is Hiking and Camping with our team of eco-friendly trail llamas, in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and Rio Grande Gorege, near Taos and Santa Fe, New Mexico. On the trail, our gentle surefooted llamas carry the gear, leaving you unburdened to experience the natural beauty and inspiring solitude of the New Mexico wilderness. Experienced Naturalist Guides share information about local ecology, natural history, regional folklore, and wilderness skills. Backcountry Gourmet Meals are served on all of our New Mexico wilderness trips. All ages and fitness levels are welcome! Call us to answer any questions of to make reservations!
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Your trip with the llamas is only the beginning. No matter how long or short your experience is it will truly be memorable and you are foolish not to take this opportunity if you are within at least 100 miles. Food is delicious and healthy, the hike is wonderful and company could not be better kept. Don't sleep on this guy

1  Thank TravelingChaz
"outdoor adventure"
"hiking experience"
"an amazing guide"
in 10 reviews
"highly recommend this adventure"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Two friends and I went on the llama trek this past week on a girls trip to New Mexico. Reading the other reviews, what more can I say other than the whole experience was wonderful. Stewart guided us through the gorge with patience and care and answered the million questions we had. The views were excellent and Stewart let us sit by the Rio Grand while he set up a delicious lunch. Talk about feeling privileged. Oh, and did I mention I am in love my llama K2? What a sweetie! Would do it again in a quick minute. Thank you Stewart for the amazing experience. Your trek was the highlight of our trip.

2  Thank Connie S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Last week I went on a girls' trip to Santa Fe. One day we spent the day with Stuart and Wild Earth Llama Adventures--the Lunch with a llama trip. I cannot begin to tell you what an awesome adventure that was. There were three of us and we each had our own llama that somehow matched each of our personalities. My llama-Diego was such a sweetheart but so were Raja and K2. We chose the trip down the switchbacks to the river. Stuart was so patient and careful with us as we traveled down the canyon and then back up. He also provided an awesome lunch. Stuart has so much knowledge of the environment as well as the history of the area. AND he is so nice and tons of fun himself. I would love to do this again and I would recommend it to anyone--no matter your age (we are all 3 in our early 60s). Definitely the trip of a lifetime.

1  Thank Suzie B
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A day we will not forget was spent with Stuart, and Raja (sweetest llama ever) and two other couples, descending and then ascending (!!!) the Rio Grande Gorge. The views through the gorge are outstanding, and Stuart's knowledge of the environment and history of the area was excellent ... and greatly appreciated. Our llamas carried the gear down to the bank of the river where we enjoyed a relaxing, and very good lunch set out by Stuart. I am not a fitness buff, but wouldn't have missed this experience for the world! Stuart is a professional, and it shows in the care he takes - one of the group was bothered by altitude sickness part way through the day. Stuart carefully monitored her, and did not rush the climb but gave as much time as needed. In the Taos area, this is a MUST!