“Garden in the middle of Paradise”

Bella's Mexican Grill
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A delicious blend of traditional Mexican Cuisine and an array of Northern New Mexico favorites.
Angel Fire, New Mexico
“Garden in the middle of Paradise”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

This place fits nicely into the Taos scene. Close to the Plaza, with an outdoor courtyard with a fountain. The food was beautifully served, and the restaurant walls are covered with lovely local art. Will return again and again.

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Could not ask for a more wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This family-owned Mexican restaurant has a beautiful patio, wonderful service and extraordinary food. Every member of the staff lets you know how happy they are that you have chosen Bella's. Their accommodating nature at every moment sets the tone for your meal. The dishes were prepared from scratch with the freshest, high quality ingredients, such as garden grown chili peppers and beef tenderloin for the carne asana and fajitas! The food is traditional and innovative, at the same time. The swirl cocktail was gorgeous and delicious! They are proud of their offerings, as they should be. Bella's is just behind the Plaza, with easy access and parking.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Awesome!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

This is a family owned restaurant and they treat you like family. The food was fresh, made from scratch using high quality food and home grown peppers. It was delicious. We even took home left overs and they cooked us fresh tortillas to take with us. Very customer oriented!

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Great view, ambiance.”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

The food was good, not great. I ordered an appetizer that came in a sopapilla. Problem, I eat gluten free and the sopapilla was not in the description. I had to pick out the sopapilla pieces. It was tasty but I was disappointed in the way the complaint was handled. I plan on giving them as second chance, so we will see how they do the second time around.

• Visited August 2014
Joaquin Q, Owner at Bella's Mexican Grill, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Good Day Ms. Luise M.,

Hello,
My name is Joaquin. I am a co-owner here at Bella's Mexican Grill in Taos. I would like to thank you for stopping in and giving us a try. We are very excited about bringing good food and memorable experiences to every single guest that chooses to walk into our establishment.

I am truly sorry that we did not knock your socks off on your visit. We certainly did drop the ball there. I hope to change your mind on your next visit.

We use very high quality ingredients. We take a lot of pride in using local products. Our chef is very talented and certainly puts a lot of effort into each and every dish that we serve.

I am a little confused as to the appetizer that you ordered. We do not serve any appetizers with sopapillas. I think you might be talking about our Gordita. Let me assure you that if this is the case you need not worry. Our Gordita is not made with any flour or Gluten what so ever. The Gordita is a classic Mexican dish that is made with a very thick corn tortilla. That is not a sopapilla. We only serve a stuffed soapilla, as an entree and occasionally as a desert.

We totally understand the importance of special dietary needs. We created our menu with these in mind. We cater to the needs of vegetarians, vegans and most definitely persons with gluten intolerances. We have nearly half of our menu designed to be gluten free. We are even happy to fry chips in a separate pot with oil specifically for people with serious gluten allergies.

I appologize to you that my staff did not explain all of this to you. I will definitely be sure to address this issue with my staff to ensure there is no confusion in the future.Th next time you join us please alert your server to your dietary needs and i assure you that we will do everything to accommodate your requests.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are constantly looking to improve in order to give the best experience possible.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Joaquin
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent lunch choice....”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

The grilled corn on the cob appetizer was one of the best things I ever ate in a Mexican restaurant... All the food was very good and the service is friendly...

1 Thank DSTSS