“The Best!”

Bella's Mexican Grill
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A delicious blend of traditional Mexican Cuisine and an array of Northern New Mexico favorites.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I visited Bella's Mexican Grill in Taos. From the moment we walked In to the patio, we felt at home. The atmosphere was inviting, friendly and intimate, at the same time. We started our meal with the best guacamole (made table side) that I have ever had, I ordered the fish tacos and my husband ordered the beef enchiladas (can't remember the full name of each dish). Included with he meal was awesome black beans and Mexican rice. Each of our meals were fabulous. My husband even said, "Now these are enchiladas!" There wasn't anything left on our plates. Can't wait to visit Taos and Bella's again. Congratulations to a new restaurant in Taos! It is NOT to be missed.

1  Thank Kay R

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We decided to eat at Bella's based on rating and reviews. We are very glad we did. The table side guacamole was fresh and flavorful with bottomless chips. I had the fish tacos, and my husband chose the blue corn enchilada with shrimp. Both were outstanding. Service was excellent.

1  Thank Gayle T
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I lived in Old Mexico for nearly 14 years, and ate many meals in many Mexican courtyards. This courtyard of Bella's in Taos invokes the best traits of a Mexican courtyard restaurant: pretty plants, soft Mexican music, a gurgling stone fountain, courteous but non-obtrusive wait staff. But best of all: my favorite dish in Mexico, which I have tried in many many restaurants there, Chile En Nogada, is actually better at Bella's than any restaurant I've tried in Mexico. Not greasy, just the right balance of ground meat, raisins, walnuts, and mysterious spices that only a great chef can master. If you are in Taos and love those things Mexican, do not miss Bella's. Adela

Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I visited Bella's for our anniversary dinner with our 7 month old son. We had an amazing experience. The Mexican/new Mexican food was outstanding. The owner made his rounds a couple of times which is always nice to see. We sat inside because we didn't have a reservation for our Saturday evening meal. Either way, inside or outside, the experience was great. We will definitely be back next time we are in Taos.

1  Thank Phil B
Reviewed August 10, 2014

On the last night of our Taos vacation, we took the advice of a local and had dinner at Bella's. From the moment we stepped into their pretty courtyard, I had a good feeling about the place. A friendly man (who turned out to be the owner) welcomed us, shared details about where they get their green and red chiles, and prepared our guacamole table side. It felt like he was an old friend entertaining us in his home. The food did not disappoint. I ordered the stuffed sopapilla with red chile sauce. After eating green chiles in most of the previous days' meals, it took a couple bites to adjust to the smokier flavor, but it quickly grew on my taste buds. All of the ingredients were fresh and well-prepared. We had the fried banana sundae for dessert, which was outstanding. The entire dining experience had an almost magical quality about it.