“Delightful meal in a great atmosphere”

Bella's Mexican Grill
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A delicious blend of traditional Mexican Cuisine and an array of Northern New Mexico favorites.
Superior, Colorado
“Delightful meal in a great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We ate outside on the patio in this quaint little restaurant near the plaza. Great location and easy parking after 5 in the parking lot across the street. We started with drinks at only $5 a piece. I got a standard Margarita on the rocks. Only miss of the night. Something was off. Too sweet. But my husband had the Sangria and it was awesome. Ended up getting two glasses. I ordered the Enchiladas de Cochinita Pibil (pork cooked in banana leaves). OMG - to die for. Really really good. My only suggestion - cut back a bit on the cheese. My husband had chicken fajitas with tasty poblano peppers. We had the stuffed Jalapenos as an appetizer. But honestly, the star was their salsa and chips. Most salsas are tomato based, but in this one the pepper is the star, as it should be in New Mexico. This place is awesome. A few little things that could be better (less cheese plez!) but really really good overall. 4.5 stars rounded to 5! :) By the way, prices are very reasonable. Spent only $50 for the two of us (drinks and appetizer and entrees)

1 Thank pjc62

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Enchiladas in New Mexico”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were staying in the condo just above Bella's restaurant and it rained the first night we were there. I went down and talked to Joaquin the owner about ordering and eating in our condo. He showed us the menu and we ordered an enchilada plate, a burrito plate and a chili rellenos plate. Joaquin delivered them himself and they were all terrific. Their fried banana sundae is also great. We ate there three times. We live in New Mexico and we are always looking for the best Green Chili Enchilada's in the state and this ranks at the top. The marinated and slow cooked beef and pork make any of the plates outstanding. We have not tried the chicken, but I am sure that it is delicious.

Try it you will like it.

1 Thank Ronald1941
ww13
“A garden of delight”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a wonderful little spot in the center of Taos. We were traveling with our dog, and were graciously seated on the patio. The gardens around the patio are bursting with remarkable hollyhocks and made the area sort of an oasis in the desert. I ordered the Gordita, which was topped with a circle of the same crust used as a taco salad bowl. The filling was a great mixture of flavors, including fresh cilantro. I loved it! My husband thoroughly enjoyed his burrito, as well. This is a great location with great food and the prices are very reasonable. We will definitely be back again, when we are in town.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ww13
Superior, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great restaurant in downtown Taos. Unique, giving Mexican food a refreshing and renewed twist. The courtyard was wonderful with an abundance of Holly Hocks. The waiter was extremely friendly and accomodating. We enjoyed a surprise of flavors coming from what could have been ordinary Mexican food. It made our visit to Taos much more enjoyable. If I lived in the area I would be a very faithful customer. A must visit for anyone in Taos!

1 Thank Pastdarrow
Texas
“Good Mexican Cuisine, Dogs Welcome”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

traveling with Mrs Jones, our furry family member, my lady & I are always in search of good restaurants that are pet-friendly. Bella's fits the bill. Nice outdoor patio where the canine can join for dinner. Supplied with her own water bowl as well, unprompted.

Service here was reasonably good. Young waitress seemed a little flustered as she was fairly new to the place, but still served us in prompt, efficient, friendly manner. Food was quite good. My lady chose the Blue Corn Enchiladas with shrimp, which was very nice and a normal sized portion. I and the beef fajitas - very tasty and tender and again just the right portion size. Margaritas were good as well, as was the house Malbec.

Altogether a pleasant spot for dinner and dog-friendly!

1 Thank Roger61Texas