“Really really great food”
Review of Graham's Grille - CLOSED

Graham's Grille
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kit Carson
Description: Hip environment with incredible cleanliness and comfort. Wine Spectator Award 2 years in a row. Best of Taos Restaurant, Chef, Customer Service and Staff 3 years in a row. Great patio to enjoy your meal and people watch. Dog's welcome and dog menu available.Friendly and Fabulous Food.
Belleville, Illinois
“Really really great food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

One of the staff at our hotel in Santa Fe recommended this restaurant when we mentioned we were heading to Taos, and we are so glad he did! Our son had his "best burger ever" with roasted green chilis topping the burger, I had an amazing salad, and my husband's sandwich was great, too. But save room for dessert... the peanut butter dessert makes your teeth sweat. Great location right off the main square, and in a nice little shopping area. Staff were kind and helpful, giving us midwesterners instructions on roasting the green chilis. Definitely check it out!

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Food good both times but service not consistent”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We wanted a restaurant close to our hotel and town centre and came across Graham's. We looked at recent reviews and were surprised at some of the negativity, which seemed to be mostly staff issues.

We can see why having eaten there twice. Both times the food was tasty, well presented and well cooked.

The difference was in the service. First time we would have rated the total experience as excellent. The lady who I would describe as maitre d' was very pleasant and sat us down promptly. Our server was efficient, pleasant, and took time to chat without being intrusive. Thank you Dina. The other servers including the bus boy also seemed efficient. We got a "thank you, please come again" as we left.

The next time was different. None of the same staff were there the next time. They seemed flustered when we arrived. They had a couple of tables with large parties with reservations and had clearly overbooked. Our server was pleasant but clearly had instructions to get us out as soon as possible, as half way through eating our main course he was asking if we would enter deserts. We were not sure. As soon as the plates were removed he arrived with the check. We asked about deserts, and reluctantly we were given menus. As it happens we decided to pass on deserts, and the check was paid and we were out of the door in no time. Due to the service we would probably have rated this experience as poor.

The first time just outweighs the second, so we have rated very good overall

Visited July 2013
1 Thank gloandbob
LesleyTaos, Owner at Graham's Grille, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I am depressed reading this review. I work so hard to prepare excellent food and ambience, and I get staff that treats guests like this? I am beyond incensed. I probably should not be writing as this is so disappointing that I might just sound crazy, which is how I feel. Who was your server the bad night or what night were you there and where did you sit. This is someone and something that needs to be addressed immediately.
So very sorry.
Chef Lesley
Seattle, Washington
“would go again”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We thought the food was delicious, albeit a tad pricey. Would've liked to have the recipe for my meal, but was told to buy the cookbook. (Recipe wasn't in there, anyway, so I did not. Most places will let you have a recipe unless it's secret.)
Service wasn't great, but average.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LittleFeet1018
LesleyTaos, Owner at Graham's Grille, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I always provide recipes to my guests but sometimes it takes a while as I have to divide the recipe down to family size not restaurant size. Let me know which recipe you would like and I will get it to you. Sorry for the answer you got from someone who did not know.
Chef Lesley
Regarding the pricing; Everything is going sky high due to economy, gas prices, weather, corn, the list is endless. It is very hard to make a living with a restaurant, especially in Taos. I have been trying to cut expenses to balance this situation but just the taxes I pay are about $25,000 a month. There is so much more than just the food and the plate. We are one of the many small businesses that struggle as we do not have commissary buying power or chain buying breaks. Sorry for the bummer comments but people need to know. Pretty soon, just like retail, the chains will have all the restaurants and eating will be cheap and bad.
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Warm and welcoming”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Got here my first night for dinner, half an hour before closing. I was brought to my table, water and beer (with a little delay) were served including the menu. 20 hours of traveling and I so much was longing for some Pasta and they had it on the menu with chicken. I asked for the vegetarian version of it (without the chicken) and no problem at all .. The para was perfectly cooked 'al dente' .. Vegetables where fresh, cooked with a bite and very tasty with garlic, lemon sauce.

• Visited August 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Never Again”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our visit started off poorly and never improved. We arrived promptly for our 8:00 reservation (party of 5) to be told that our table was "mistakenly" given away to a party of 11. We patiently waited 15 min to be seated and then end up waiting another 15 min to have our drink order taken. We never again saw our waitress after our food was delevered. We ordered a glass of wine with dinner but never received it from our MIA waitress. I finally flagged down a hostess to inquire about the wine and she brought us the two glasses as we were finishing our main course. We sat at our table with empty plates for at least 10 min before anyone even inquired if we were finished. The only saving grace at this point was that the food was pretty good. I spoke to the owner of the establishment to voice my sincere displeasure with the quality of the service. She immediately starts to tell us about the issues they had with an oven in the kitchen, which had nothing to do with the poor quality of service. She offers us a free dessert but has the audacity to limit us to only two free deserts. Now for the real kicker to the entire evening...Even after all of this, we still had no one to wait on us. The owner came back about 10 min later and nonchalantly asks if we decided on a desert choice like everything was normal and we were never even given a dessert menu. We ended up waiting another 15 min for a bill which we had to request from a waiter (Cory) that happen to be walking by. Cory was the best part of our entire evening. The poor response by the owner/chef was most disappointing. You should avoid this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Brien K
LesleyTaos, Owner at Graham's Grille, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Brien, I am so sorry that you continued to feel so shorted by us. It was a night that had mistakes. The table before you did not leave after 2 hours which is our turn around time on a table, what should be do, ask them to leave? The service was not our standard and I apologized to you sincerely about that and offered your desserts, yes 2 for the table. One side of my entire line did not have power and we lost it when it was busy and yes that does have something to do with your service as the servers are running to keep up with orders that are taking too long. At the time we found out we had no power, there was nothing we could do but accept it as the restaurant was full and everybody along with you is expecting the same care. I know you dine out 200 nights a year because you told me so. I know we did not deliver but did you have any idea that I was working on the line that night and for me to come out and try and make some amends shows how much I regretted the mistakes made on your table and all you can say is that I did not show back up until another 10 minutes. Do you know why??I was talking to your server trying to find out what happened at your table so I could correct it. My efforts to explain were just that, trying to let you now what was happening and apologizing for it. Truly.