“home away from home in Taos”

Burch Street Casitas Hotel Downtown
Ranked #1 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Taos
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Very comfortable, well designed self-catering accommodation. The casitas are spacious, with everything you need to feel at home. They're centrally located, you can easily leave the car at the casita and walk into town.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I just returned from a deployment and the Burch Street Casitas were the perfect way to relax. My wife and I drove in from ABQ and spent 3 days off road driving in Red River and looking through the shops in Taos. The casita was a short walk from the plaza and the room was very comfortable. The cleanliness was supurb and the kitchen had all the amenaties we needed. For the price it was an absolute deal that we will take advantage of again.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Makeshift
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stay at Burch Street Casitas every time we go to Taos. Jim and Nancy are wonderful hosts and add a personal touch to make sure your stay is comfortable and relaxing. Each casita is thoughtfully and tastefully decorated, and includes a full kitchen. The location is quiet and charming and within walking distance of everything. And if you love privacy, this is the place to be!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We were really delighted with our stay at Burch St Casitas and I would recommend it to anyone. After driving for 3 days from California, through snow and ice arriving on Christmas day, Jim and Nancy had welcomed us to a lovely and warm home away from home. The accommodations are deluxe in my opinion — quaint, thoughtful and with all the comforts and amenities of home, including a washer and dryer :) The location is also really quite central — very close to the town square, perfect in my opinion. We couldn't have been happier to have a cozy, warm place to relax in the evenings after long days of adventure.

A+ to the gracious hosts, I look forward to returning!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CommandZed
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed at the Burch St Casita for three nights. The owner made arrangements even though I arrived late. I was hesitant to choose this place because I made the decision based on the comments on this website. I was not disappointed!
It was an efficiency at it's best. With a full kitchen I was able to save money by eating in. The restroom has a heater that keeps you toasty warm while doing your business and the floors are heated so being barefoot was not a problem.
Also the kingsize bed was a super plus for me. I need all the room I can get! This place is cozy cozy cozy!
It bothered me that the tv did not face the bed, but after several hard days of skiing, I did not touch the tv at all. Aside from this minor detail my stay here was the best I have ever had. You can bet I will return when I come skiing again!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank highlandertx
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We just made a reservation to go back to Burch Street Casitas. It is the best! Quiet, comfortable, close to everything and has everything you need. Won't stay any place else when we are in Taos.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Judi R
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We were going to stay on the mountain at a resort for my wife's birthday and we found the Casitas on the net. Our lucky day and our cup of tea. If you're looking for quiet,nice,roomy accommodations then you will like these Casitas like we do. Jim and Nancy are very nice and obliging and with 4 units you can feel like you are their only guests. The wood burning fireplace is an added touch that is rare these days. We'll be back.

Room Tip: All Casitas are basically the same, so you can't get a bad one.