“Very Nice Lunch”

Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico
Ranked #24 of 128 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Mexican food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Nice Lunch”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We dropped in here on our way to Taos Ski Valley....lured by the tableside Guac, which did not disappoint...the food was good, the server was frankly average with a rather incomplete knowledge of his "local" beers.
We will be back though as the sauces, including the salsas were very well done....

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Wogstl

Calgary, Alberta
“A great meal just off the Plaza”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We found this restaurant by looking through some ads and decided to check it out

There is a parking lot just across the street and parking is free after 5 PM, at least on week days and free parking is always good

I ordered a chile relleno variation (nogardo ?) one of their specialities and it was delicious and not what I expected. The pepper was stuffed with a mixture of meat and fruit and some other spices. I can't tell you exactly what was in it, but it was delicious

I am returning to Taos in a few weeks and look forward to going back

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Kenji56
San Angelo
“Delightful dining on the patio”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This restaurant came recommended by a friend and Trip Advisor. We arrived around 6pm on a Friday evening and got a table on the patio. There is a lovely fountain on the patio, and we enjoy the sounds of water. Also, a cowboy musician was setting up to play as we looked over the menu.

Our waiter was attentive and helpful, and suggested a special stuffed Chile Relleno dish for my husband that was sweet and savory. I cannot remember the name, but it was stuffed with seasoned ground beef, topped with a cream sauce that included brandy, with pomegranite seeds garnishing the dish. My husband did not care for it, but I ate about half and thought it was amazing.

I also had the table-side guacamole (yummy!) and a bowl of the Black Bean soup. From the restaurant's website description, it looked delicious with avocados and goat cheese. However, the soup was not very good; it was very thin and tasted like soap. When the waiter asked if I liked it and I said I did not, he immediately took it away and insisted on removing the charge from our ticket without my asking. Very classy.

Drinks - we learned the hard way that Taos restaurants do not have full liquor licenses, but instead usually just offer beer, wine and/or agave margaritas (lower alcohol content). My husband the gin drinker was frustrated to find this out table-side, but we enjoyed the 'ritas instead.

While we were dining the musician sang and played the guitar, mimicking several Willie Nelson songs quite well.

Also, it is is just a block from downtown (all the shops on the square). So after dinner, we left our car and walked around.

Good food, great service and lovely ambiance - we will be back!

• Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Definitely worth stopping by...”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Dropped by Antonio’s for a late dinner on a beautiful night in Taos. The atmosphere on the patio was excellent with live music being provided by a traveling western singer that could be a stunt double for Willie Nelson.

The carne asada special was outstanding and big enough for two to share. Antonio’s has a good beer selection which made for choosing an excellent accompaniment to the carne asada. Although we did not try a margarita or mixed drink, they did not look to be the on the high end as the frozen margaritas seem to be made via a slushy machine - but could be mistaken here.

Otherwise you can’t go wrong with Antonio’s and would highly recommend dropping by for a meal.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank CycleTime
Venice, Florida
“Real Mexican”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you are looking for Tex-Mex go somewhere else. This is real Mexican. Tableside guacamole is as good as it gets. All the dishes we had were downright authentic. Good restaurant, good value.

Visited August 2013