“Holy Mother of All Things Good!”

Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico
Ranked #42 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Mexican food
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Holy Mother of All Things Good!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a late lunch around 3 pm. We started with the queso because I have a 5 yr old and it's a safe bet she will eat that. It was amazing. We asked our waiter what to try and he steered me to the Chile Relleno. I don't personally like Chile Relleno but he was so excited about how amazing it was, I had to try it and I was not disappointed. My husband had the fajitas with mole and they were kind of sweet but in a oh my God that is amazingly flavorful kind of way! My mother in law had the crab tacos and father in law had the lamb barbacoa. Both were so happy with the choice our waiter suggested. The table was quiet, no one was speaking because the food was so tasty. We also had a pitcher of Sangria and it had great flavor...only topped by Sangria we had once in Puerto Rico...but definitely a close 2nd. We finished by sharing the tres leches cake and the mango cream cheese empanadas. Stuffed, we left only to all agree that was one of the best meals of our lives.
Nice decor, kiva fireplaces and very helpful waiter named...Jeremy? Oh man, the food was so good I forgot his name. Go, eat, drink, enjoy!!! And if there is a Jeremy...thanks for all the suggestions.

1 Thank Ryannroxx

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This was a most wonderful restaurant and experience!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We just came home from our weekend in Taos... eating at this restaurant was one of the highlights of our trip, and walking distance from our B&B. The service was excellent, but most important of all was the very unique and tasty food. They made the most wonderful guacamole at our table for two nights in a row. My sangria melted in my mouth as did the tortilla soup. My husband loved his meet dishes and my son and I ate up the chicken mole and the green chile enchiladas. The owner came to our table when we has some questions about how the food was created. And to top it off, the artwork on walls and the Spanish music were icing on the cake. Thank you so much, Antonios. We shall return.

• Visited January 2013
“Truly the best chile in New Mexico”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Truly the best red chile, service, and ambience in New Mexico! Having lived there for many years, I was totally impressed. Perhaps the best meal I have had in a year's time. Completamente lo mejor!

“Delicious”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great place to eat. The food and service was top notch.
The Mahi Mahi ceviche is absolutely killer and if you are going to eat dessert the Tres Leches is the best we have ever had.

Bangor, Maine
“Amazing, amazing food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our last night in Taos, a family friend suggested to eat here. This was the best resaturant that we ate in Taos and certainly would recommend it to everyone. The location and atmosphere was great as it is right near the historic square. The food was amazing and didn't leave any of it to waste. Too bad we ate on the last day... we would have loved to have come here at least one - two other times on our trip.

Visited June 2012