“We still enjoy Antonio's!”

Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Eclectic Taste Of Mexico. Chef Antonio covers all the bases, deliciously. Everything on the menu is prepared fresh and made to order and the majority of the menu can be prepared gluten free. Because of the flavorful, full-bodied sauces, you will be pleasantly full at the end of your meal accompanied with a fun Margarita like a Jalapeno, Watermelon Margarita. Nothing else like Antonio's Restaurant in beautiful Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were in Taos last weekend for Labor Day weekend and we had to go back to Antonio's. We were there last year in April 2011 and we really enjoyed it then and we enjoyed it last weekend as well.

The person at the front desk at our motel recommended that we make reservations since it was a busy weekend. At first we made reservations for 2 at 7:30 and had to change it for 5 later one as we met new friends at our motel and ended up having dinner with them. They had never been to Antonio's before. We did not have any problems changing the reservations.

We would have liked to sit outside that night but they were extremely busy and all outside tables were occupied so the 5 of us sat inside. It was fine.

I had bragged about the guacamole made at your table to our friends and we all decided to order it but they couldn't do it that night. We were a bit disappointed. But our waitress told us that she would try to find us some guacamole and she did! That was great! The salsa was excellent also a bit spicy but to the liking of our friends from Texas.

I recommended the chile relleno en nogada to one of our new friends and he ordered it. It is the best chile relleno I have ever had! My husband and I also ordered it. All 3 of us really enjoyed our dish. It is by far my favorite and I will order it again when I return. I can't remember what the other two members of our group ordered but they said they enjoyed their dish.

We ordered beers, margaritas and sangrias.

The waitress was great and efficient considering how busy they were.

Overall I think our new friends liked the place and as for my husband and I we will return to Antonio's next time we are in Taos.

There are newer reviews for Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico

Reviewed September 6, 2012

One of our favorite restaurants on our trip to Taos and Santa Fe. I wished we had time to go back again. The mole was the best mole my husband has ever had. I had the filet and lobster enchiladas and I very happy with my choice. We enjoyed the guacamole prepared table side with margaritas. The fountain courtyard is pleasant for dinner. Our service was amazing. Next time I visit Taos I will make sure to come to Antonio's. So happy we dined here.

1  Thank Bcogswell
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Antonio's has some of the best mole I have ever had. Their tres leches cake is also famous in the area. The entrees are a bit on the pricy side, but well worth it. They're also conveniently located in the plaza.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The guy working the front desk at our motel recommended this restaurant. We are so glad he did! The weather was perfect, so we decided to eat in the courtyard which was really beautiful! The service was good, the food was awesome and the mango margaritas were excellent. This restuarant was within walking distance of our motel which made it even better. This is a must place to eat at when in Taos!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

When we first arrived, we ordered the guacamole prepared table side. We would take a while. We said "OK", just bring our entrees out and we will enjoy the guacamole when it the chef has time to come table side. I had iced tea to drink while we waited. After finishing my glass of ice tea, about 15 minutes after it arrived, I waited another 15 minutes trying to get a servers attention before I got up and chased down a server. The entrees came and it was "OK". I had the pulled pork burrito. It was suppose to be covered in fresh green hatch chili sauce-- not so and the inside was cold. The guacamole was finally prepared table side and was the best I had ever had. The server gave us a free desert to make for the guacamole taking so long. I was not upset by the lateness of the guacamole-- understood from the beginning it would take a while. However, not checking on me for 15 minutes and ignoring my attempts to get your attention-- yes, the upsets me. Not sure if I will go back.

1  Thank Rory C