“Antonio's Is For Real; put it on the top of your list.”

Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico
Ranked #24 of 127 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Mexican food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Antonio's Is For Real; put it on the top of your list.”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We had our doubts about Antonio's but didn't have a choice because it was New Years night. The restaurant was understandably packed but they seated us efficiently. Our waiter was excellent despite the fact that in addition to our five diners he had a 15-top and some smaller parties all to himself. He got our food out quickly and correctly and once the food arrived we were in for a big surprise: The food was delightful. I had the Cochinita Pibil but everything I tried was very good. Antonio: purge the gringo food from the menu and keep up with the excellent cuisine of Mexico. WE WILL BE BACK.

• Visited January 2012
Sarahml_12, Owner at Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
THANK YOU! For your positive review.happy to hear you had a great time and really enjoyed our cuisine......Just wondering why you were doubtful about visiting our restaurant? ANTONIOS is a very special place with wonderful and unique flavors and truly is authentic Mexican cuisine as well as authentic new Mexican cuisine. And Antonio himself is a wonderful person. He loves what he does, it's absolutely HIS PASSION.

Taos
“Wonderful Evening”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Antonios resturant is favorably located in the heart of Taos. It has a beautiful patio (summer and fall) and inside adobe architecture that's warm and inviting. The best is the wonderful tastes of authentic Mexican cuisine. Antonio himself is a charming host welcoming his guests with a warm smile., his staff hospitable. His signature dish "Relleno de Nogado" is exceptional. We and our friends had a great time.

State College, Pennsylvania, United States
“Surprising”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My friend Bob recommended Antonio's. I kind of went just to make him happy. He sent me several text messages telling me what to order. I wasn't expecting much, I set the bar kind of low. I love atmosphere and this place is homey and welcoming. I ordered the nogada. Well let me tell you it was off the charts wonderful. I'm not kidding. I told the waitress Laura and she sent over Antonio and I grabbed him by the shoulder and said "THIS is spectacular." I've never rated a restaurant because I've never been inspired like I was until today. Paul Ruby of State College Pa

3 Thank Paul R
Dallas, Texas USA
“Good food, questionable value”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Overall, we really enjoyed the food here. Some of the meat dishes such as the lamb and pork are excellent. The salsas and chiles have a rich, unique flavor, and we thought most of the foods tasted fresh. They are proud of their food, and the prices show. We had a coupon, so our meal was an incredible value. Without that, I would have given this a rating of 4.

North Salem, New York
“Great food don't pass up the chance to eat here!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Great place in Taos for real Mexican food. Make sure to try the house specialty - Rellenos en Nogada. Really delicious and very flavorful. Also make sure to order the Chipotle Pepper Chocolate Cake. Staff is very pleasant and attentive. Great service and very reasonably priced. We were visiting from NY on a ski vacation and were referred to Antonio's by friends and locals. Very happy that we made the trip from the ski valley into Taos.