“Total Satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Antonio's The Taste of Mexico
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Eclectic Taste Of Mexico. Chef Antonio covers all the bases, deliciously. Everything on the menu is prepared fresh and made to order and the majority of the menu can be prepared gluten free. Because of the flavorful, full-bodied sauces, you will be pleasantly full at the end of your meal accompanied with a fun Margarita like a Jalapeno, Watermelon Margarita. Nothing else like Antonio's Restaurant in beautiful Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We had a great meal. Started out with a Tortilla soup which was perfect coming in out of a chilly fall day. For lunch we had a "Chile Rellanos En Nogado" and "Tacos de Alambres" . Both were wonderful !!!!!!!! Very satisfying! and ......we enjoyed all this in the ambiance of a charming fire in their Kiva fireplace. Thank you and see you soon.
Frank and Nancy Zinno
Arroyo Hondo,N.M.

Sarah M, Owner at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

THANK YOU, NANCY AND FRANK for your nice review.I'm very happy you had a wonderful experience and just really enjoyed yourselves. It was really nice talking to the both of you. Please come again!...ADIOS...

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We had a great meal
I had lamb in Banana leaves, Guacamole made at the table was wonderful
good service
reasonable price

1  Thank MDonVacation
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We were torn between Antonio's and Grahms. Read the on-line reviews and couldnt decide. Finally an executive decision had to be made, I made it and we reserved for 7:30 that night.

Lucky Guess?

Without a doubt, Antonio's was the best meal we had all week in New Mexico including our visits to Albq. and Santa Fe.

The restaurant was quite busy but they honored our reservation and we were promptly seated. The menu had so many choices and when our waiter recited the long list of specials that night we knew we needed more time.

We ordered drinks and a large order of guac. It was made tableside and was amazing! Finally we ordered dinner. We all ordered off the section of the menu that was entitled "Espacialidies de la casa" Another good choice. Everything was absolutly terrific, perfectly prepared and nothing went back to the kitchen on our plates. I had the Carnitis with mole sauce, another diner had the fish, another steak, and another taco's. We were too full for dessert, but I have to say if you only have one meal in Tao's, you MUST go to Antonio's

1  Thank Statmans
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Nice location, ample parking (parking can be an issue in the heart of Taos), great staff, cozy bar, great food. If you're in Taos for dinner I'd say dine at Antonio's as your first pick.

Sarah M, Owner at Antonio's The Taste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

THANK YOU! For such a nice review.And YES! We agree with you,ANTONIO'S should definitely be your first pick for your dining experience.Wonderful Mexican cuisine at reasonable prices and now offering Fridays and Saturday's 1/2 price on selected bottles of wine how cool is that!!....

Reviewed October 21, 2011

When you have celiac disease finding a place to eat out is a blessing. Sarah and Antonio gladly accommodated my gluten-free needs. 90% of the menu is gluten-free, so I had an abundance of choice.

The guacamole was made table-side and to my hotness specification. They cooked my tortillas in fresh oil so that they would not be "soiled" by any flour particles in the fryer oil. I ordered the Duck Enchilada with the Poblano Mole and, hands down, it was the best Mole I have ever eaten. I believe I will dream about it.

I finished with a Flourless Chocolate Cake spiked with Chipotles and served with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Coupled with their delicious pignon flavored coffee I would say I had a superb meal and a fantastic time.

Thank you Sarah and Antonio!

1  Thank JanR1506