“Best meal of the week”

Description: Authentic mexican cuisine
Maryland
“Best meal of the week”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We were torn between Antonio's and Grahms. Read the on-line reviews and couldnt decide. Finally an executive decision had to be made, I made it and we reserved for 7:30 that night.

Lucky Guess?

Without a doubt, Antonio's was the best meal we had all week in New Mexico including our visits to Albq. and Santa Fe.

The restaurant was quite busy but they honored our reservation and we were promptly seated. The menu had so many choices and when our waiter recited the long list of specials that night we knew we needed more time.

We ordered drinks and a large order of guac. It was made tableside and was amazing! Finally we ordered dinner. We all ordered off the section of the menu that was entitled "Espacialidies de la casa" Another good choice. Everything was absolutly terrific, perfectly prepared and nothing went back to the kitchen on our plates. I had the Carnitis with mole sauce, another diner had the fish, another steak, and another taco's. We were too full for dessert, but I have to say if you only have one meal in Tao's, you MUST go to Antonio's

1 Thank Statmans

Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice Location, Great Ambiance, Great Food”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Nice location, ample parking (parking can be an issue in the heart of Taos), great staff, cozy bar, great food. If you're in Taos for dinner I'd say dine at Antonio's as your first pick.

• Visited October 2011
Sarah M, Owner at Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
THANK YOU! For such a nice review.And YES! We agree with you,ANTONIO'S should definitely be your first pick for your dining experience.Wonderful Mexican cuisine at reasonable prices and now offering Fridays and Saturday's 1/2 price on selected bottles of wine how cool is that!!....
Austin, Texas, United States
“Gluten-Free Mexican!”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

When you have celiac disease finding a place to eat out is a blessing. Sarah and Antonio gladly accommodated my gluten-free needs. 90% of the menu is gluten-free, so I had an abundance of choice.

The guacamole was made table-side and to my hotness specification. They cooked my tortillas in fresh oil so that they would not be "soiled" by any flour particles in the fryer oil. I ordered the Duck Enchilada with the Poblano Mole and, hands down, it was the best Mole I have ever eaten. I believe I will dream about it.

I finished with a Flourless Chocolate Cake spiked with Chipotles and served with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Coupled with their delicious pignon flavored coffee I would say I had a superb meal and a fantastic time.

Thank you Sarah and Antonio!

1 Thank JanR1506
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Best meal I ever had!”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Loved the stuffed pepper with pears and raisons that I went back twice. Perfect ! Thank you for being so friendly to a solo traveler. The Guac was great too!!!!!

1 Thank Heidi B
Groveland, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST Mexican food we have ever had!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! This is the BEST Mexican food we have EVER EATEN. Their specialty of the house is Relleno en Nogada . . . a magnificent roasted poblano pepper stuffed with ground beef, pear, apple, raisins, tomato, and spices . . .and smothered with a walnut brandy cream sauce. And, on top is a garnish of pomegranate seeds. Everyone in our group had a taste of it . . . and wished THEY HAD ORDERED this specialty. But, all of the dishes served were a delilght. The waiter, John, was especially good. As an appetizer we had their special guacamole which is prepared at your table. DELICIOUS! Anyone who comes to Taos should NOT MISS going to Antonio's!!!
Written by the foursome from Pine Mountain Lake, California (near Yosemite).

1 Thank Dotty D
Sarah M, Owner at Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
WOW!!!THANK YOU for such a great review.We're very pleased you had a delightful experience.This is exactly what we strife for....PERFECTION for every guest that comes through our restaurant.Again THANK YOU.

John THANK YOU for always doing a great job!!!