“A wonderful experience”

Dragonfly Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2009

This is a great little place. Good food (organic and health-oriented) and great service. We were there at the end of the lunch period and made it into an early dinner. It is quite lovely, but certainly does not scream out that it is there. Don't skip it just because it doesn't have a big sign out front.

Reviewed October 10, 2009

We happened to walk by the restaurant and perused the menu which is posted near the sidewalk. All I can say it's the best place I've eaten in Taos. We even went back for a second meal the next day. If you like fresh organic food, if you are tired for the same out Cal-Mex stuff drowning in sauce stuff, that you can get anywhere, this is the place to come. The Morrocan chicken dinner my husband ordered was outstanding. Most of the time when I have had Morrocan chicken, the preserved lemon is too salty. This was perfect. The chicken was moist and flavorful, and The same preserved lemon is used as a dressing for the spinach-feta salad, which was perfect as well. The chef puts a very flavorful and interesting twist onto the dishes. We were also served a mini-loaf of pumpkin bread --which is nice. The cayenne / pumpkin seed topping really balanced out the slight sweetness of the bread nicely. It was a great touch. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 7, 2009

This is a wonderfully charming restaurant with absolutely delicious food. Of the several restaurants that we tried while in Taos for four days, we found this lovely place, with it's warm and friendly service, to be our favorite. The menu is very well thought out and appears to change regularly. There is a good selection for all tastes and appetites.

Reviewed October 6, 2009

The last thing I expected to find in New Mexico was great Indian food. (By Indian, I mean Asian Indian, not Native American, in case that's not obvious.) Apparently Monday nights are Indian night at Dragonfly and it was among the best Indian I've ever had. Delicious, and an excellent value. I got to choose 3 out of 7 or so items for $17.

Great beer selection, too, and a very cool atmosphere. Bright, artsy and creative inside and beautiful and serene outside, with the flickering candles and the sound of the water from the fountain.

Excellent, friendly and accommodating service, too.

This was the first place I saw coming down from my hotel, but I wanted to walk around and see what else there was to choose from, especially in the plaza area (about a 10-minute walk). I ended up coming back to Dragonfly and was very glad I did.

Reviewed October 1, 2009

We had dinner at the Dragonfly in late September. It was a 15 minute walk from the B&B where we stayed, along a busy road, but during the walk we saw a spectacular sunset over the open horse pasture. The Cafe is magical at night, w/ small candles lit, paper flowers dropping from the ceiling, an arrangement of teapots on the wall. The memorable items were the roasted beet salad w/ baked nut-encrusted goat cheese, and the spicy pumpkin loaf brought to our table. And the "Trout Slayer Ale" from Montana(had a hint of brie cheese in the background). The server was wonderful, and the whole evening relaxing and delicious.Wish I lived near this cafe.