“Great place to eat in Taos”
Review of Dragonfly Cafe - CLOSED

Dragonfly Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I usually never write reviews but this time I'm doing it because this place really deserves it.
We had an amazing dinner there last month and the service was fantastic. Can't remember the name of the waitress but she was from the netherlands. I recommend the lemon risotto :) yummy
Being french, I can be picky sometimes in terms of food but that dish was just so delicious...
My only recommendation would be that they should have a wider selection for the wine list.They indeed have only a limited selection if you want to order one glass and not the bottle.
But this place still rocks big time !!

1  Thank sebastien h

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is almost right next door to the El Pueblo Lodge and their desk staff had recommended Dragonfly to us and it did not disappoint. We had already partaken of the motel's continental breakfast but after an hour or so out in freezing wind at the Rio Grande Gorge bridge to catch some photos with daylight breaking I needed to warm up my insides and we stopped in originally with the intent to just get coffee or hot chocolate. But the menu was so appealing we ended up having breakfast again. I had a bison burrito. On the way out to pay THEN we discovered the fabulous baked goods they have. This place is north out of town from the Plaza area but on the way to the ski areas. Definitely worth a visit for breakfast.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Little bit of an overly hippie/alternative vibe, but really good food. We had the organic green salad and homemade chicken pot pie, with pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Food was very fresh and good. My husband absolutely loved the salmon tacos. Also splurged for pumpkin cheesecake for dessert...amazing!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were totally surprised and charmed by our visit to the Dragonfly Cafe. We went for dinner, and though the menu seemed somewhat limited at first, we discovered that everything was incredibly unique and perfectly cooked. Even my mushroom-hating husband devoured a pizza with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, thyme, and brie, and said it was the best pizza he'd ever had. The complimentary bread basket included amazing philo and caramelized onion tarts. The highlight was the deserts - we tasted world-class pots de creme, an awesome bread pudding with whiskey sauce, and for our gluten-sensitive friend, a flourless chocolate cake with spiked cherries.
The decor was enchanting (we set in the alcove) and our waitress charming. We will recommend this to anyone visiting Taos.

1  Thank Kate M