“Great Steak”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Martyrs Lane
Description: Fine Dining Taos Style! We offer a wonderful selection of organic meats, locally grown salads, custom made desserts, and much more! Patio seating available. Large parties. Private party building. Catering. Dog Friendly Patio
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal at Martyrs. The atmosphere and weight staff were professional and attentive. The ribeye steak was cooked to perfection and the sides were complementary to the steak.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate dinner at Martyrs 2 times. The ambience is very nice, quiet and relaxing. The menu selection , and food quality is very good . Great fresh squeezed grapefruit margaritas, and lobster bisque soup. The steak we had the first night was way over cooked. We thought we would try the restaurant again as cooking mistakes happen sometimes. We had the prime rib the second night. Not only was it way over cooked it smelled so rank we could not even eat one bite. We suspect this was leftover prime rib from another night and then possibly re-heated. The wait staff and managers were very nice and did not charge us for it. We will not be back to this restaurant. Perhaps they need a new cook?

4  Thank Reneecook
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I ate there three times. It is a lovely restaurant with steak and seafood, a good bar and wine list. The outside seating and inside are comfortable and quintessential New Mexican contemporary design.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I went early and by myself to have a birthday celebration dinner while in Taos. Stakeout has always been my favorite spot to go in the past but sadly it is now closed. The information center in town recommended Martyr's and it was fabulous. I sat on the patio but found that the traffic was noisy. Mariah was a wonderful wait staff and very helpful and attentive! The steak dinner was one of the very best that I have ever had. I found out about the burger specials for dinner and the lunch specials after ordering but that would not have changed my mind but it would have made me want to come back more often. The architecture of the historic location is a joy to behold and next time I will probably sit inside.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

While the restaurant is a bit pricey for locals, what they don't know is that Martyrs run great specials, especially for lunch! Have not been disappointed by any of the $8 lunch specials we've had.